¡Hasta la vista! to cane sugar in Mexican Coke

I've lived/worked in Mexico for 10 years and have heard more times than I can count how Coke in the U.S. was clearly inferior to Mexican Coke. But I rarely drink pop, and when I do, I drink Dr. Pepper ;) So I thought it was just subconscious nostalgia maybe because its cooler to drink out of the glass bottle than the aluminum can.
But after reading this, I stand corrected. I just told my wife, who is proudly Mexican and especially proud of Mexican Coke, and she was devastated. She said that when she tells people at work tomorrow there will be a revolution. I think they would gladly pay an extra 3 cents a can to have real sugar in the mix.
Its the worst of 2 worlds: government paternalism and corporate greed all rolled into one!

jerry

people have self control issues...they eat and drink bad stuff,get sick and go to the hospital.Mexico now is charging a tax to pay for some of these social costs....not a terrible idea but might be hard to pull off

Roberto

I'm trying to keep that to myself!!;););)
Went to a wine superstore in Alubquerque, THOUSANDS of different wines. Chianti at $5 and $6 and decent too. I have one in reserve!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I heard somewhere this last week that they have changed their minds and will not be changing from sugar cane. Can anyone verify this? I really don't have anywhere to keep 200 cases of coke........LOL!