10 Breathtaking Beaches- Where is Penasco?

jerry

There is a hidden beach south of Lobos about 15 miles in a cove that should be on the list too

playaperro

El Pirata
Interesting Thread Mira, show a pic from your beach and I will show you a pic of mine, goes out to anyone that would like to partake.

Roberto

There is a lovely beach north of Bahia de Kino, isolated and undeveloped. Ana's abulo had a fishing camp on it for the past 30 years

MIRAMAR

Love the first picture, and so red for a sunrise- usually you only see that at sunset (unless it's reversed).

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
Terry is that barb wire on those poles, or are the poles stand alone, last time I was @ encanto was when Danny Brown was selling the La Jolla project, just give me a little update please!! Also how long ago was the La Jolla project.

Terry C

Playa, people use the poles with rope on them to protect the their dunes. LaJolla had to start around 12 plus years ago. About 1/4 or so of the lots have houses. The beach front pool, tennis court is still there too.

MIRAMAR

Houses are set back about the same as Dorada- 20 meters from high tide. We use the rope fence as well to save the dunes. I remember about 30 years ago Las Conchas had dunes, and now when I look at pictures, I see sea walls are necessary to protect the houses. I tell people a rope fence is much cheaper than a sea wall.
miramar2.jpg

Landshark

Playa, people use the poles with rope on them to protect the their dunes. LaJolla had to start around 12 plus years ago. About 1/4 or so of the lots have houses. The beach front pool, tennis court is still there too.
The poles are also used to temporarily establish the boundary of the Fed Zone when securing a beach concession. In the event of a change in the high tide line a seawall would be required to preserve the location of the Fed Zone.

aprilsuzanne55

BeachGirl
MIRAMAR -

Photo 1 is taken this past full moon on August 1 at low tide in front of Las Olas I, Los Conchas Section 6.

Photo 2 is taken in the afternoon August 2 as dolphins ate and played in the high tide in front of Las Olas I, Los Conchas. We saw one dolphin jump fully out of the water, but of course did not catch it with the camera! Have to learn to grab the video camera.

Photo 3 is taken as the tide was coming in at Estero Morua on August 6. We were at the very end of Los Conchas Section 9 on the bottom back side of the dune behind Tessoro looking out toward the reef at the mouth and Playa La Jolla. We went down to collect some shells at noon and it was pretty dry, then around one o'clock we had a great swim as the tide came in, and by two o'clock we had to wade to higher dry ground with our beach bags over our heads! We leave our vehicle at the top of the dune, and it is a long, hot, sandy climb back up! But so worth it!

Photos 4, 5, 6 are all taken in front of the Las Olas I, Los Conchas Section 6 on August 7. Looked like we were going to get a little rain in the first shot around 7:45 AM, and it was partly cloudy around noon, but it cleared up and was beautiful and sunny for that 5:30 PM photos of the shell collection I was gathering and one pelican of many that cruised by.

Photos 7, 8, 9 are taken in Los Conchas Section 4, in front of my friend's house and from his roof. That was for the sunset on August 7.

Photos 10, 11, 12 are taken August 2011 from our friends villa in Los Conchas Section 10.

It has been a few years since we have stayed on the eastern beaches, but we would love to go back to Playas La Jolla, Encanto, Miramar, and Dorada! We used to stay there when it was less developed and I loved it, but the hubby had a hard time with no standard electricity and AC (such a wimp)! And we didn't have a digital camera back then. Maybe I will go back through old actual paper photos to see if there are any old great photos of ours of those amazing beach trips that I could scan into the computer . Of course, you see the beauty there all the time, so you know what I mean!:fish:

MIRAMAR

Encanto and Miramar have a/c now- in Miramar, most of the homeowners still have solar with electric, probably is true in Encanto as well.