2012 LB2CAT Offshore Race (Long Beach To Catalina and back)

Approximately 60 miles round trip....starting down by the Queen Mary:

1st- Craig Warner #7 54 mins 55 seconds
2nd- Mark Gerner #58 57 mins 05 seconds
3rd- Tyler White #33 57 mins 15 seconds
4th- KC Heidler #2 58 mins 35 seconds
5th- Paul Pham #99 58 mins 55 seconds
6th- Tom Cruz #12 1 hour 08 mins 30 seconds
7th- Santiago Kuan #30 1hour 09 mins:19 seconds
8th- Charlie Martinez #9 1hour 09 mins 25 seconds
9th- Rod Mullinaux #661 1hour 15 mins 42 seconds
10th-Cheng Leu #411 1hour 17mins 45 seconds
11th-Jeffery Katoaka #124 1hour 17 mins 50 seconds
12th-Chris Dobbins #50 1hour 22 mins 27 seconds
13th- Scott McIntosh #007 1hour 24 mins 15 seconds
14th- Richard Ignacio #816 1hour 24 mins 45 seconds
15th- Minoru Kanamori #600 1hour 39 mins 55 seconds
Jim Ferrin - DNF
Derek Newton- DNF
Bill Scott- DNF
John Feeney- DNF

Back in the 2 Stroke days, the racers would refuel when they hit Avalon.....with the 4 Strokes, it's non stop....over 60 mph average speed, with most of the jetskis capable of close to 80 mph top speed!

Playa...MSRP is close to $15K...and when I got my jetskis in the 2002-2003 timeframe, nobody was discounting them. Depends on who you buy from.....if from one of the racers, you'll probably get some performance upgrades, and the hull should be in good condition. I wouldn't buy one of those performance jetskis unless I knew the person and what they had used them for. Kawasaki had some issues years ago with delamination....not close enough to the stuff anymore to know what's going on there. If you were looking, just examine for any soft spots or cracks., just like any other fiberglas watercraft.

Any kind of repairs get very expensive...it's all computer controlled, fuel injected.....limited production, so even parts are very expensive. The lcd instrument panel has faded/washed out on one of mine from sun exposure, and I can't see the fuel gage/tach/speedo.....the jetski also has analog gages, but not for the fuel (tach/speedo). The panel runs over $600 just for the part (SeaDoo = Bombardier, out of Canada)! Been searching for a while for used....from someone parting out a jetski.

playaperro

El Pirata
Tks for the info Joe, Kind of nice in the good old days when you could buy two with the trailer out the door for under 15K!

Yeah...the good old days....just look at the boat prices too!

That last pic was funny....I guess even if he swam the jetski over the finish line, it didn't count...since he was DNF (Did not finish)....

I went off head first in a race at about 65 mph...when I finally came up for air, the jetski had stopped about 150-200 feet away...would have taken me a long time to swim back to it(helmet, thick neoprene pfd, heavier shoes, everything water logged)...one of the other racers dragged me back to it.