5 Weeks in Rocky Point

L

LindaBrown7311

We had a blast and it was a long vacation ....... met lots of good people and can't wait to go back! Bought our motorhome and have now been staying at Playa Bonita RV Resort. Friends who do not have an RV stay at the hotel. They have two ..... Playa Bonita Hotel and Laos Mar Hotel ..... Puesta Del Sol Restaurant is right on the premises for good music, great hors d'ouerves, great meals and endless margaritas! Angel is the manager and always so helpful when we have a group. The entire staff is very good and eager to please. We love it there.

Attachments

Kenny

Em I the only one who sees that Alien sitting in the chair next to the man?

Last edited:
Very rare to find any sand dollars at Playa Bonita....that's the wall in front of JJ's.

It's so sad to see the view along the wall in front of Playa Bonita....one condo after another....used to have a clear shot down to the Reef.....and the sunsets.....I guess that's progress???????:cry::cry::deadhorse:

L

LindaBrown7311

Could only find ONE sand dollar and it was found way in towards the marina. These were all at Cholla Bay. Mayan Palace had the little round puff balls with the sand dollar flower on them. So fragile to the touch!

L

LindaBrown7311

Hey! That's Lilybelle .... my Shih Tzu....lol. Loves the sun and Mexico! Check out my album I just posted.

Can anyone remember the names of the 2 rv parks that were next to Playa Bonita?....the one had water to some sites but no power...and the next one down was owned by an American and his wife (an older couple)....a nice little park, full hookups....even had a launch ramp (a little too steep). He finally got out after his wife passed away...... I am getting old....more and more trouble remembering names!!!

L

LindaBrown7311

For more Rocky Point pictures, click on my profile to view the album.

Joe, I remember the one run by the American couple but can't recall the name of the park. Was his name Red possibly? For some reason, that name sticks in my head.

Beachgirl....for the life of me, can't remember....they were both in their late 60's when they opened the rv park, and she went very suddenly....he went downhill after that. They had built living quarters right under the office....really nice and friendly people. I have to dig out an old "daytimer' and see if I have the name of the park or their names anywhere.

Now the "owner" of the other park was a real character. Heard that he was getting money from his brother (s... ??) who lived in the states, to make improvements and he just sunk the money into his own construction business in Penasco. He built that retaining wall along the park and nice stairs going down and was starting to build little casitas/condos, then that storm that hit Penasco (don't remember the year) dropped so much rain that it flooded in the seaward direction and wiped out part of the wall (it was constructed to protect from the sea side, not the land side).....

playaperro

El Pirata
RPJ his name was john yes his wife did pass away he let his attorney handle the property the attorney sold it for over 6 million which is now the sonoran sky. the other place might of been called las palmas that was owned by carlos sanez and his wife. The wife is the sister to Gus Brown. They went into an agreement with puerta privada to build on their property. Both of these owners did not go "Down Hill" they went "UPHILL".

Thank you, thank you Bosty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's it.................it's been driving me crazy all day long trying to remember that name. My in-laws stayed in their park once or twice and we all had the pleasure of meeting both of them.............they made us feel welcome when we were newbies to RP.

Thanks to all for the info....I just could not remember the names.....yes....La Jolla de Cortez.....I also remember the owners of Playa Bonita trying to squelch the competition, what little there was in that little park.....

Playa....what I was referring to when I said "went downhill" was his total outlook.....after his wife died.....didn't seem to care much about anything (which was understandable)....I even had a chance to talk to his son who had come down to visit....If he got 6 mil.....good for him....he busted his hump building that park....and like beachgirl said, he and his wife were the nicest people you could meet.

Now the other park.....he was a total cheapskate....pulled whatever he could out of the park without any improvements whatsoever.....

L

LindaBrown7311

La Jolla De Cortez ........ we would have stayed there just for the name. Others have told us how nice that couple was. I hope the ones that are in RP now stick around and don't succumb to the condo builders.

L

LindaBrown7311

Thank you and we are sitting here at Playa Bonita ..... AGAIN!!!!! My sand dollar find was an amazing two mornings ....... what was so amazing was how perfect almost all 325 are! they are sitting safely at home in Tucson and will keep my busy crafting this summer when it's too hot to go outside. Thanks.