50 amp power cord?

A

azbeachboy

I'm moving my trailer and need to buy a new 50 amp power cord. My question is, are the female ends all the same? I'm looking on e-bay and see one that looks just like mine. I also see some that connect at a right angle. The right angle cords are much cheaper.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You know it may be easier for you to go to an RV supply store and just buy an 50 amp extension cord. That way you can use it on either end of what you have.

A

azbeachboy

I think I'm going to buy the cord and have somebody install the ends. A new 50 foot 50 amp cord is around $200.00 I can do it for less than $100.00 I think.

A

azbeachboy

If you have only one A/C unit , I am pretty sure all you need is a 30 amp.
Jeff I do have two a/c units and every thing else runs on electricity. I don't have any propane hook ups.
Inka,
I didn't get you PM?

Not knowing where you live I will offer my service on the cord. If you are not to far from Casa Grande come on down. Just let me know when.
Why are you going to make a full length cord when an extension is all you need ? That 50 amp stuff is pricy.

Last edited:
A

azbeachboy

Bill,
On E-Bay I got 50 amp,50 foot cord for $49.00 + $20.00 shipping. It has the power box end. All I need to do is cut the trailer end off the old one and and install it on the new one. I have a electrician if I can find him. If I get it by Friday I'll be down next weekend.

azbeachboy
Well we sold our little 5th wheel and bought a 35 ft with 50 service. Now I also need a 50 amp extension cord. I know you said you got it on Amazon but would you let me know from whom you bought it.
[email protected]

A

azbeachboy

Meet the sellerSeller:
ralco1201
( 28083
This is his E-Bay site. I got a 45 foot cord for $44.44 + $20.00 S & H. The cord has the power box connection but not the trailer end.

Last edited by a moderator: