5'th wheel or TT wanted

joester

2 salty dawgs
looking to see what may be for sale in and around the rv parks.
looking for a 30'+ 5'th wheel or TT, with opposing slides in the living area.
figure 8-12k budget.
something not quite as deluxe as Bill and Edna's would be perfect.
we'd probably keep in at PDO storage.
Teri and I are looking ....:)

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Joe, I know there are 3 trailers for sale at PDO that look very decent, I'll be going down next weekend and check the availability of them, don't rush I've seen good deals going on with the rolling condos down at RP!!

joester

2 salty dawgs
Ink -
thanks - we're not in a rush at all - not ready to buy yet.
we're just starting to shop to get a better idea of what certain models are going for,
and what we're really looking for, or are willing to do without.
saw a very nice 2002 5'er in Phx, but not ready to spend 17k, so we know we have to set our
sights a bit lower than that.
we'll keep looking, and thanks again for your help.

jerry

Well Known Member
Joester there have been some insane deals at the Auction just off of I-10 (wilmot?) in Tucson. A friend of mine has a dealers license and might be helpful......things are as cheap as 25 cents on the dollar.

joester

2 salty dawgs
Jerry -
let me know the name of that place so we can check into the auction schedule -
and thanks!

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Ink -
thanks - we're not in a rush at all - not ready to buy yet.
we're just starting to shop to get a better idea of what certain models are going for,
and what we're really looking for, or are willing to do without.
saw a very nice 2002 5'er in Phx, but not ready to spend 17k, so we know we have to set our
sights a bit lower than that.
we'll keep looking, and thanks again for your help.
Chuck's neighbor on the other side HAD his 5th wheel up for sale for almost a year....was down to $12k, but now they decided to keep it.....

jerry

Well Known Member
Joe they happen every month.Today is the sale.I talked to my friend and he's going to look around and figure out prices.It's a dealer auction so you would have to use someone like him as your agent but you could go with him.He said there were 500 4th wheels/trailer for sale.He's buying boats and will get some prices back to me tomorrow. PM me your contact numbers and I'll put you in touch.
Jerry -
let me know the name of that place so we can check into the auction schedule -
and thanks!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Auctions is one of the best ways to get a good deal, I saw a 28' TT fully self contained stored at PDO for $2800, bedroom, bathroon, couch in front of door and entertainment center and kitchen and dinning in front, basically your typical set-up, a couple of month ago they were asking 6K, so if you wait another month might go for 2K.
Also, I believe that PDO is not accepting 5th wheelers for storage anymore and Ruben is raising rates, what I heard as Dec 09.
It was a very quick trip but will be there next weekend and will check the others in the north forty.

joester

2 salty dawgs
Ink
thanks for checking - guess I need to find out better from PDO on their current policy for bringing in a 5'er for storage.
good stuff to find out before we start to shop. now about that 28' trailer, how does it compare to yours?
is it in storage, or set up? tell me more.....when you get a chance......no hurry

cholla

Well Known Member
I saw 2-3 5th wheels in Cholla bay yesterday with for sale signs, behind the unfinished church at Borracho Flats. I don't know anything else about them, other than there a lot of for sale things now.

John

joester

2 salty dawgs
got a reply from Genaro at PDO - he said they are still ok with 35' 5th wheels for storage, and 2010 rate is still $45/mo.
time to start seeing which models we like best - anyone have a list of brands to avoid?
thanks much.

beachgirl

Well Known Member
Hey guys and gals!
We're in the exact same position as J & T and this information has been great. We're in the process of selling the motorhome and when that's done, we're looking for a TT or 5th'er to store at PDO as well. Keep yours eyes peeled for us also! Thanks!

jaime grande

Our Love Shack
Hey Joester, take an afternoon and just drive around to the different parks . Thats what we did before we got the "Love Shack". Have fun !

B

bluenose

TT no longer available.

Last edited by a moderator:

joester

2 salty dawgs
is this set up semi-permanent, or do they move it back and forth to the North 40?
site # please.
thanks - we won't be down until April it looks.

B

bluenose

TT wanted reply

TT no longer available.

Last edited by a moderator:

joester

2 salty dawgs
wanted to post an update -
we have slowed our rv search as our travel plans have been taking us everywhere but Rocky Point
since Thanksgiving: Tortola BVI, Portland, Ore., Roosevelt Lake and Kansas since January - with more trips planned yet this year before thanksgiving -Vermont, Michigan and Los Cabos.
we just don't have enough vacation time to warrant keeping an rv in RP just yet.
thanks for your help - we will keep looking as ya just never know.... :)