6/4 - 6/12 report

We were down in LC for 7 days and had a blast like we do every June. Fishing wasn't what it was this time last year but still caught a bunch. High and low tide times were off compared to last year. High tides around very early AM and then not again until late PM made for less action. Bait balls brought in good fish when they came by which yielded us our only few corvina and the largest leatherjack I've caught. We brought in probably 20-25 leatherjacks over the week and tons of triggers from shore and kayak. The rock bass were less abundant and also snagged a sting ray and saw many of them in the water on the cooler days. Caught another bullseye puffer as well. Fishing became better Wednesday and Thursday looked promising with better timing of tides.

Tide pools were very active first few days but really slowed down as the week went on. We did run into some larger swimmer blue crabs which made for good eats though.

Attachments

Last edited:
Just got back from Las Conchas and I'll second what Evan said! Lots of rat sized Leatherjacks chasing bait balls right on the beach, but a few Corvina in there too! Didn't have time to make tacos out of this one so gave it to the guys at Asadero Viva Mexico. Good stuff

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Lot of baby thresher sharks from shore gear near Jaguey
One of my kids was married last week in RP, before his wedding, we went over near the old boat launch at Playa Elegante (mirador) and between the Pithaya and the boat launch, we each hooked and released 2 small gulf grouper,amongst a bunch of other small fish...from shore, just after high tide..

BULK ICE.........

Anyone know where I can fill up my boat fish boxes with cheap bulk ice? Like 100 lbs. worth?

Twenty little overpriced bolsas chikitas from Reggies or OXXO just won't cut it.

There used to be a place on the south side of the main drag that had OR filtered ice and water.

JJ

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Where is Playa Elegante as relative to Mannys? So I can get a mental picture.
Same street as Manny's, just drive east to the big hole in the ground, (parking for failed condo project) just past the hole, but before the old trailer park, there is a driveway to the beach....If you fish high tide, no snags, because you will be casting into a sandy bottom... low tide will put you fishing in the rocks, which is also okay..

Ahh, ok I normally go over there and fish off the old launch. Right past the little guard shack where the Palapas are right? I have always had pretty good luck there. Nothing keep able but never fished there at high tide either.
Thank you.

Roberto

For bulk ice, try the water place on Sinaloa, about 3 or 4 blocks N of Fremont on the right hand side. There is another place on Josefa, right hand side going out of town. Usually a real classy old pick up parked there. Hielo Scama I think it is called.

Hey all
Casting in the cocks is a problem to keep your jigs. What I do is add a float about 24 inches in front of the jig.
Even if you get hung up you can walk out and retrieve it. Does not seem to bother the fish.

getting hung up
No problem just add a float about 24 inches ahead of the luer. If you do get hung you can just walk out and retrieve it.
Does not seem to bother the fish.