A few fish I caught in Lobos off shore

X- coastie

It is the same one. I've stopped there several times to talk to him and his boys. I've known berna for about 24 years. He used to watch our house when he lived in lobos . If you do talk to him could you ask him if he is coming back to Lobos? Rumor in Lobos is he is. Thanks Leigh

About how much further is it from the Caborca turnoff to Lobos? What is the road like....is it all paved? I'd like to run down there one of my Penasco trips to check it out.

The last time I went down a couple of weeks ago there was about 4 miles left to pave. They have the road done they just haven't opened it yet , 10 miles of dirt road that was not bad at all (bladed). It might be done by now. It's about a hour and a half from rocky point. Nice drive when you get past desemboque. You can stop and get Oysters from the farm for 20.00 per 100 if you get200. Awsome oysters as there is nothing for 40 or 50 miles either way down the beach. Tell them Leigh with the wishkey sent you and you might get a better deal. enjoy Leigh

The last time I went down a couple of weeks ago there was about 4 miles left to pave. They have the road done they just haven't opened it yet , 10 miles of dirt road that was not bad at all (bladed). It might be done by now. It's about a hour and a half from rocky point. Nice drive when you get past desemboque. You can stop and get Oysters from the farm for 20.00 per 100 if you get200. Awsome oysters as there is nothing for 40 or 50 miles either way down the beach. Tell them Leigh with the wishkey sent you and you might get a better deal. enjoy Leigh
Are you saying to go to Desemboqe, and then there is a road from there?

It all depends on which way you are coming from. If you go through lukeville you can go straight to caborca then over to yiega then towards Desemboque to the coastal highway. The road from yiega runs into the costal highway.. Hope this helps. If you come from Rocky point you take the road out by Los Conchos to cabborca but when you get to yiega take a right towards Desemboque to the new highway. Leigh

Thanks Leigh....I haven't been down that way for a couple of years....so will have to check out the coast highway....

Kenny

Looks like a great place for exploring with inflatables... March/April. Kenny/Jerry?
It surely does Don... Jerry and I have been talking about heading down that way for a long time, and with this post, it just came up again. We could use Jerry's place as a home base, it's not all that far from there.

Kenny

hotels or bars

There are none. The only thing there is a little grocery store and a tecate store that is open sometimes . That 's the beauty of this place . Leigh