A Little Chuckle

mis2810

Drove down this afternoon. You know the yellow "caution" signs with the bulls, coyotes, roadrunners, and rams on the highway? Well, in the last 2 weeks someone has pasted stickers of Tyranysaurus Rex photos over some of the signs. I thought it was hilarious!

Btw, totally uneventful drive. But on the way out of the US they asked for ID. That was a a first. Short line at the border of about 12 cars at 5:00. Parking lots look fairly full on Sandy Beach - not bad for the end of January! I already have a booking for my condo for 4th of July too! Take that Macho Prieto!!!!!!!

MIRAMAR

That also asked us for an ID as well mis2810- I guess they're trying to make sure you're not fleeing the law??

About the signs, do you remember the one that looked like a large rat- about the size of a human? I don't think they meant it to look like that, but it was the same size as the deer!

I think they are trying to cover up all the bullet holes that sign had the most. If you are bored on your way down sometime count all the holes in the signs and you think for a country that has strict gun laws their is a lot of holes.

It seems to be the new thing at the border now. A couple of weeks ago it took an hour to get through on a Friday at 5. Can only imagine the back ups once the season starts in full.

Landshark

Did they just ask for your ID, or for passports? Wouldn't surprise me if they started scanning passports on the way out of the country.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
They cannot ask you for passports to leave the country and Mexico does not require a passport to enter. Use your DL this is simply an intimidation technique.

Landshark

They cannot ask you for passports to leave the country and Mexico does not require a passport to enter. Use your DL this is simply an intimidation technique.
US border agents have asked us for passports twice as we left the US. I have always thought they would eventually would require them when leaving for tracking purposes. I would if I were them. It only makes sense. The world is all about gathering information. Remember this when you are heading home and they ask you "How long were you in Mexico?"

They will be scanning passports on leaving the usa by june 30th as that is when the exit/entry requirements are implemented. Your exit stamp shows you left the usa

JimMcG

I remember being told by officials that the passport chip was not compatible with the scanners and that is why we have to physically hand over the passports. The card chips apparently do work.

mis2810

She specifically asked for my passport, took it over to the booth and handed it to a guy. Not sure if he scanned it or what. It just irritates the hell out of me. So if it takes 10 to 15 minutes to cross on a non-holiday weekend in January, what's it going to be like in May, June, and July? Are they trying to turn a 3-1/2 hour drive into 5-1/2?

Terry C

You know the yellow "caution" signs with the bulls, coyotes, roadrunners, and rams on the highway? Well, in the last 2 weeks someone has pasted stickers of Tyranysaurus Rex photos over some of the signs.

A long time ago on the pedestrian walking signs they use to put a white surf board under the guys arm..

ADR

That also asked us for an ID as well mis2810- I guess they're trying to make sure you're not fleeing the law??

About the signs, do you remember the one that looked like a large rat- about the size of a human? I don't think they meant it to look like that, but it was the same size as the deer!
I like the 2 legged cows. never understood how they stay upright.