A US tourist was beaten and stripped of cash...Periódico De Frente

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I only have my opinions on these issues. Naomi and I live a quiet life. We hear about things that happen from time to time and talk about it and see if it impacts our life or not. We know of the lady who got robbed and haven't heard anything from her at all. The other case where the young girl was robbed of 9000 pesos, we talked about that too..it reminded us of a case in Cottonwood where an employee talked openly of her duties at work with her friends who told their friends and they concocted a plan to rob the store in much the same way as this. Apparently these punks (in Peñasco) also knew there was more money under the counter....it is suspicious. Does it impact our life? No! Do I go around carrying large amounts of cash? No! So when folks on the forum post the mis translated often one sided reports in an effort to ,"warn" Americans....we just read it and smile. Life in this place is relatively calm everyday. When there is crime against innocents (which is rare) we take note just like we would if we read a police blog in any city anywhere. So I am responding because you asked me to. Naomi and I have been here +14 years fulltime and work among pretty much every different group of people living here but lately we have been working mostly with locals and we are very happy with our relationships and we would know if we had anything coming that would adversely affect our life....and its just not there. I know the folks out there will still try to "protect" us by posting police blotters...it is something entertaining to us so like Roger says "play on"
What have you done with Russ?!

Kenny

Well Known Member
Kenny: Of much greater importance what is the fish you are holding and how big is it?
The picture to the left of me holding up the White Sea Bass has been my signature on here for years. Did you just notice?
Ric Felder and I had targeted WSB, and when I hooked into this guy, and because there were not any head shakes, just really hard digs toward the bottom, Ric and I thought it might be a Grouper; but it was this beautiful WSB. I had to talk Ric into stopping long enough to take this picture as the bite was on, but it was photographed fresh out of the water and it shows. 45-50lbs. Where have you been of late? Hope all is well with you and yours.
big 1,288 ends labor day 818.jpg

Kenny

Well Known Member
What have you done with Russ?!
I thought I was just trying to get the real skinny on what's going on in town during this pandemic with this; "You were bringing us some good info Russ, I missed you. How are you doing? The neighbors? You're feet on the ground in the real Penasco, any insight on how it is in town would be appreciated by me."
Now I could be wrong, but I think after reading my original post he just couldn't help himself and grabbed the pom-poms instead of giving us any real information.

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I thought I was just trying to get the real skinny on what's going on in town during this pandemic with this; "You were bringing us some good info Russ, I missed you. How are you doing? The neighbors? You're feet on the ground in the real Penasco, any insight on how it is in town would be appreciated by me."
Now I could be wrong, but I think after reading my original post he just couldn't help himself and grabbed the pom-poms instead of giving us any real information.
Was I supposed to give you a pandemic report? I had no clue based on your text. All of my neighbors are doing ok. Like we are. Everyone is wearing a mask in public. Only one person per card allowed at Sams . About sickness...I don't know. I hear stories of many cases of covid. I just heard of a healthy 35 year old man who tested positive 3 weeks and died in the hospital 1 week later in Hermosillo. It seems everyone is taking it seriously but it also seems that most people in my hood are back to work.. construction is on fire. We stay home mostly but have had to go out for permit meetings for Mermaids market. Every meeting we make is by appointment only..no more waiting rooms. Show up go in have your 15 minute meeting. After you leave the room is sanitized for the next meeting. Is this closer to what you wanted Kenny?

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
The picture to the left of me holding up the White Sea Bass has been my signature on here for years. Did you just notice?
Ric Felder and I had targeted WSB, and when I hooked into this guy, and because there were not any head shakes, just really hard digs toward the bottom, Ric and I thought it might be a Grouper; but it was this beautiful WSB. I had to talk Ric into stopping long enough to take this picture as the bite was on, but it was photographed fresh out of the water and it shows. 45-50lbs. Where have you been of late? Hope all is well with you and yours.
View attachment 17093
Was I supposed to give you a pandemic report? I had no clue based on your text. All of my neighbors are doing ok. Like we are. Everyone is wearing a mask in public. Only one person per card allowed at Sams . About sickness...I don't know. I hear stories of many cases of covid. I just heard of a healthy 35 year old man who tested positive 3 weeks and died in the hospital 1 week later in Hermosillo. It seems everyone is taking it seriously but it also seems that most people in my hood are back to work.. construction is on fire. We stay home mostly but have had to go out for permit meetings for Mermaids market. Every meeting we make is by appointment only..no more waiting rooms. Show up go in have your 15 minute meeting. After you leave the room is sanitized for the next meeting. Is this closer to what you wanted Kenny?
Thank you. I have always noticed the pic but not being a true fisherman was not sure. Beautiful fish!!

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
We both went into Sam's on 1 card
Glad to hear. Planning to go there (two of us) within the next day or so, and successfully entered a couple weeks ago (two on one card). It must be similar to protocol at the south-bound border . . . . it changes with the wind. So we'll see.

Kenny

Well Known Member
My Aquarion curiosity would like to know what kind of card it is positively, and if it's only good for one person, couldn't they go in?
I've never been to a Sams Club, anywhere.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
When is Costco coming to Penasco? Don't they have one in TJ if I remember correctly? I could have been WET and it was 2006...

brokenwave

Well Known Member
When is Costco coming to Penasco? Don't they have one in TJ if I remember correctly? I could have been WET and it was 2006...
Costco in RP? I don't think Penasco could support both a Costco and a Sam's Club.

The few times I've been in the RP Sam's it wasn't that busy. I went there during Spring Break this year and even with a bunch
of American's buying up the toilet paper they had in stock, it had less than 30-40 people inside.

I bought a new fridge at Sam's in Aug on a Saturday and there were 3 cashiers open with 2-3 people in each line.
They were checking peoples temp's and only allowed one member in at a time.

FYI, the Samsung 22CF fridge I bought there was 50% less than the exact same one that Home Depot sells in Phx.

Costco has stores in Ensenada, TJ, Mexicali, Hermosillo. Sam's has stores in Nogales, Hermosillo, TJ, Mexicali and Penasco.

Costco also delivers to businesses in RP. I think it's a bulk drop ship to one location. I've seen a big Costco delivery van
many times coming back to the US.

tortuga

Well Known Member
Costco in RP? I don't think Penasco could support both a Costco and a Sam's Club.

The few times I've been in the RP Sam's it wasn't that busy. I went there during Spring Break this year and even with a bunch
of American's buying up the toilet paper they had in stock, it had less than 30-40 people inside.

I bought a new fridge at Sam's in Aug on a Saturday and there were 3 cashiers open with 2-3 people in each line.
They were checking peoples temp's and only allowed one member in at a time.

FYI, the Samsung 22CF fridge I bought there was 50% less than the exact same one that Home Depot sells in Phx.

Costco has stores in Ensenada, TJ, Mexicali, Hermosillo. Sam's has stores in Nogales, Hermosillo, TJ, Mexicali and Penasco.

Costco also delivers to businesses in RP. I think it's a bulk drop ship to one location. I've seen a big Costco delivery van
many times coming back to the US.
The Costco truck comes from Mexicali. Lukeville is not a commercial crossing.