AeroMexico Web Site lists Penasco

El Gato

I've been checking AeroMexico's web site fairly often to see if Penasco shows up as a destination and this morning it actually shows up! I tried to see if it would let me book a flight and I couldn't get the schedule to show up, but then I'm not sure what days they will be flying. Understand flights are to start mid June.

I read that the flights will be only twice weekly, starting on Thursday June 20. I tried the 20th and then tried other dates after that- nothing for Friday or Saturday, then it showed another flight on Sunday. So I assume that flights will be Thursdays and Sundays- the price seems outrageous though- 6,420 pesos, which is like ~$520. Maybe those prices will change later on, or maybe there will be a promotional period, but if you assume that most people will have to connect to Vegas via another airline, you're looking at $1,000 bucks or more round trip to get to Penasco...

El Gato

Okay, Penasco/Vegas flights are now listed on AeroMexico site. I tried a sample flight to see what fares are like, using economy:

Leaving Vegas on Sunday, June 30 then returning to Vegas from Penasco on Thursday, July 4. In US$ costs it would be about $520, round trip, including taxes.

[h=3]u reservación[/h]
[h=4]Salida[FONT=Arial !important]dom 30 jun
[/h]
  • LAS
  • PPE

[h=4]Llegada[FONT=Arial !important]jue 04 jul
[/h]
  • PPE
  • LAS

[/FONT]
[h=4]Pasajero(s) 1
[/h]

[h=4]Resumen de compra
[/h]
  • Tarifa base:
    5,146​
  • Impuestos:
    1,261​

[h=2]TOTAL:
6,407 MXN
[/h]

--
[/FONT]

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
So fly to Vegas and take a $520 connecting flight or fly to Phoenix and spend $150 on rental car and $50 on gas????????????????????

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
So as Jerry mentioned before for that amount of money you can go down to Vallarta, Cancun or Cabo. I just saw a groupon for $649 includes round trip airfare and 4 nights at a 4 star resort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now tell me how and why someone would come from Columbus Ohio for $500 and take another $500 connection to Rocky Point when they can go to Cancun for $649 including hotel???????????????????????????????????????? Am I being cynical or realistic?! And remember this is during the HOTTEST time of the year in Penasco... just doesnt make sense to me.

ben21

I'm assuming the price on connecting flights will go down once this route is established. It's only the first day. Aeromexico will probably subsidize the flight for people connecting from other cities on other airlines. Same concept as when you book w/ Kayak, Orbitz, Etc. I doubt it will always be $500 for this flight plus full rate for whatever flight got the tourist to Vegas.

beachlover56

Stuck in the Midwest
Did I read the article correctly? It says Puerto Penasco is located three hours from the border (I'm guessing they mean the U.S. border, right?). Huh.

jerry

Departs Arrives Flight Information Stops Bargain
Special
AM Plus
Premier
Premier Plus
LAS
02:51 PM
PPE
04:35 PM
Aeromexico
*Operated by: AEROLITORAL DBA AEROMEXICO CONNECT
AM 2675
Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145
Nonstop

$155.35 USD
$347.78 USD
$511.18 USD Not Available Not Available
Return Flight Options
Puerto Penasco , MX To Las Vegas , NV , US June, Sunday 23
Nonstop

Thu 20 Jun
212.21 USD
Fri 21 Jun
Sat 22 Jun
Sun 23 Jun
Mon 24 Jun
Tue 25 Jun
Wed 26 Jun

Departs Arrives Flight Information Stops Bargain
Special
AM Plus
Premier
Premier Plus
PPE
12:19 PM
LAS
02:06 PM
Aeromexico
*Operated by: AEROLITORAL DBA AEROMEXICO CONNECT
AM 2674
Embraer RJ135 / RJ140 / RJ145
Nonstop

$212.21 USD
$404.64 USD
$568.04 USD Not Available Not Available

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
checking on flights I think the price seems fair for a round trip...
example-
6/27 Vegas to Penasco (thursday)
6/30 Penasco to Vegas (sunday)
$188 fare, $81 taxes ($269 total)

checking on flights I think the price seems fair for a round trip...
example-
6/27 Vegas to Penasco (thursday)
6/30 Penasco to Vegas (sunday)
$188 fare, $81 taxes ($269 total)
Wow, now that reasonable fare got me all aflutter -- an affordable round trip for out-of-state family. Then I checked for fares in an arbitrary optimal-season visit (October). We're back up to over $700 round trip.