AeroMexico

DeniseAck

I just checked for a flight from Vegas to PP in June. Doesn't exist. Perhaps they haven't published it yet?

However, it does list Vegas to Hermosillo, but going through Mexico City instead.

Are they stopping the route all together?

FYI--Flying from NYC to Hermosillo (RT) is 430 and up in May, 740 and up in June. Chicago looks pretty similar.

jerry

The road headed north is about 6 months from hitting the airport area.It might be a good thing the flights are not starting up as planned.A friend talked to them online yesterday and was told reintroduction of air might be delayed again.

Thanks for the update. Can you tell me more about the road you're referring to? I have only been out to the airport once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerry

Thanks for the update. Can you tell me more about the road you're referring to? I have only been out to the airport once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The coastal highway is coming up from the South.The work started this summer 55 miles south and now is maybe 35 miles south.It will be new road with wide pull offs that goes to the railroad track crossing just outside of Penasco.It will give visitors a feeling they are not arriving in shittyburg... If they clean up the dump while at it....

Thanks Jerry- I often come to PP from Nogales, so I have had to deal with this stretch being torn up and it is indeed awful. The trip from Nogales is essentially 4 segments of about an hour each: Nogales-SantaAna, SantaAna-Caborca, Caborca-YGriega, YGriega-Penasco. The last time I passed through was in January and the new 4 lane highway into Caborca was in its final stages. But from Caborca onward is basically a horrible 2 lane highway all the way to Penasco. Question: Is the only highway improvement plan only for the 55 mile stretch you mention, or may they also improve other parts?

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Some keep forgetting that the target market for the cruise is Mexicans, not Americans. Northern Mexico will have a strong economy over the next several years and a market for cruises is strong among this group.

jerry

The Mexican middleclass in Sonora is just being killed by the neo-liberal policies coming from Mexico City.
I still cannot figure this "cruise for Mexicans" meme out.If that is the case why not Matzatlan? Or Guaymas?

The coastal highway is coming up from the South.The work started this summer 55 miles south and now is maybe 35 miles south.It will be new road with wide pull offs that goes to the railroad track crossing just outside of Penasco.It will give visitors a feeling they are not arriving in shittyburg... If they clean up the dump while at it....

You would have died the first time I brought friends to Lobos. They were like turn this bus around. They now go down and appreciate it.Leigh

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
The Mexican middleclass in Sonora is just being killed by the neo-liberal policies coming from Mexico City.
I still cannot figure this "cruise for Mexicans" meme out.If that is the case why not Matzatlan? Or Guaymas?
port is near the US and takes into account two states that frequent Mexico often (AZ and NM). Business wise it would allow mexican nationals in the US or those that want a 'cheaper' cruise to also make the easy drive down (or flight if available). This is going to be a very inexpensive type of cruise that (ie. Carnival type). They are very popular in CA and it's something that those in bigger cities such as Hermosillo could take advantage of. We'll just have to see how it plays out over time.