ALL CLEAR

GV Jack

Snorin God
Well, my gay caballeros, you can sound the All Clear siren, the Green Valley Desperado and his worthless sidekick Ross have made their way back to Green Valley. We alluded the Policea and the Federales once again.
Someone of you blabber mouths must have warned the denizens of Sonoyta to stay inside because there wasn't hardly a soul on the streets when we went through.

I would say that all in all our visit was quite good. I know it was good because I have a roaring case of the gout in my knee. I can't understand that as I only had a little shrimp. Let's see, Shrimp Tacos Thursday, Shrimp Fajitas Saturday and Shrimp Tequila Monday. I have to give kudos to whomever on this forum has recommended Pollo Lucas. We took home two half chickens and the rice and beans. The chicken was outstanding, but the beans were the best I've ever had. Saturday we went to Bryan's and both had the Shrimp Fajitas. Much to my surprise they were a whole lot better than I anticipated. We got there in time to get our Sol Beers and eat before the wrestling match, I mean phony fight came on. Sunday was our annual Mare Blu night and neither of us was disappointed. We were going to go to The Friendly Dolphin Monday night but the road into the port was closed so we went to La Fuente. It was alright, but not great.

Now about the roads. Holy crap, it was the worst I've seen in my seven or eight years going there. The unpaved portion of Fremont has been bad but this was washboard at it best. At least, that's what I thought until we went to Mare Blu and that road was even worse than Fremont. Yikes. It'll be a while before I do that again unless I get some super shocks. Come on folks, at least scrape them once in a while. The road out to Las Conscious was like the Talladega Speedway compared to those two.

What a joy it is to have the opportunity and privilege to go to Rocky Point, enjoy the great Sea of Cortez, see my many friends, you two know who you are, and enjoy the wonderful Mexicans who are so great. I hope I will be able to do so again in the near future. If health and finances stay good, it will happen.

sryoder

Cortez Cruiser
Now about the roads. Holy crap, it was the worst I've seen in my seven or eight years going there. The unpaved portion of Fremont has been bad but this was washboard at it best. At least, that's what I thought until we went to Mare Blu and that road was even worse than Fremont. Yikes. It'll be a while before I do that again unless I get some super shocks. Come on folks, at least scrape them once in a while.
Actually they scraped that section of Freemont just after Semana Santa. You'd never know it now but I saw the grader doing his thing.

Roberto

I drive that stretch several times a day. Yes they blade it sometimes, even use a water truck. It washboards in a few days though. The really ought to use the paved lanes as two way traffic like is used to be. Not that much traffic on a day to day basis.