Am I missing something about the AeroMexico flights? Why so expensive?

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member
Just checked a Thursday to Sunday trip from Vegas to Penasco for February. I have family from New York who are going to Vegas on Valentine's weekend and would love to spend a few days in Vegas and then a few in Peñasco. They have their flights to and from Vegas already, and they head home late on Sunday, so I figured it could be perfect to include a 'side' trip to Penasco. Here are the flights:
Thursday, Feb 20 (Vegas to Penasco): 3,833 MXN
Sunday, Feb 23 (Penasco to Vegas): 4,543 MXN
TOTAL: 8,376 MXN (~$670)
How the hell can I ever convince them to spend 700 bucks for an hour and a half flight?! I know its international, but its seems WAY to high if they want reasonable people to travel. Since I heard that the route is only funded for 6 months originally, maybe these are high for now since it is outside the 6 month window? Is there a promo code that I need to use? Any info is appreciated!

Kea

Well Known Member
I'm not sure what's different. My family is flying in from Austin next week. The LAS / PPE round trip was $277 for each of them. The more expensive part was AUS / LAS at over $500 round trip each. More expensive in Feb when the weather is cooler?

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
You will notice when you try to price flights more than 90 days out the listed rate is high. this is because most carriers have not discounted their flights yet (ie. a full flight with 100% seats available will not trigger the system to correct pricing). Usually the best pricing is found between 30-60 days out.

joester

2 salty dawgs
excellent advice about deleting cookies when visiting airline sites and shopping for tix. It cost me hundreds on a flight to St. Thomas a few years back. I saw fares kept creeping up, so i panicked and bought to be sure we got the flights/times we wanted. here's a little trivia bit: do you know what DELTA stands for? damn, every layover thru Altlanta.
good idea to delete cookies all the time anyhow.