Amazing 10 year old from Mexicali

Estero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7UFm6ErMPU&feature=channel_video_title

“Vásquez Sounds” is a trio of siblings from Mexicali who have caused a deep commotion on YouTube with their interpretation of the popular tune by Adele “Rolling in The Deep.”
“We’re siblings doing what we like to do,” the trio says in the video they posted on YouTube on Thursday.
Four days later the siblings have more than 52,000 “likes” -- and counting.
They are ten-year-old, Angie, the vocalist, and her brothers Gustavo, on drums, and Abelardo, on guitar and piano.The video has become a worldwide sensation.
In one newscast in Spain, the anchor introduces the video by saying that “this ten-year-old’s voice could tame wild beasts.”
The title of the story?
“Three siblings sweep the Internet.”

Estero

That's what I thought! Maybe the next Selena? Someone should get them to come play in Penasco so people could say I remember when...
Rosie and Russ they could be an interesting radio show guest.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
That's what I thought! Maybe the next Selena? Someone should get them to come play in Penasco so people could say I remember when...
Rosie and Russ they could be an interesting radio show guest.
Get me contact info and we can invite them I like the video albeit very mixed but impressive none the less

Estero

Working on it, turns out I have a connection to their dad, the producer, through LinkedIn. Their dad is Abelardo Vázquez.

Baja California/Mexicali-based rock group Nikki Clan had barely formed when they were met with enormous industry success in 2006. Bandmembers Alberto Espinoza (bass), José Antonio Dabdoub (guitar), Ángel Vázquez (guitar), and José Carlos Fausto Monroy (drums) had been performing under the name Los Piltrafas when they were contacted by producer Abelardo Vázquez; a veteran of Mexican rock staples like Reik, he possessed both the connections and vision necessary to take the group to international acclaim. With a vision for developing the group's raw, natural sound into something more marketable, Abelardo Vázquez introduced Los Piltrafas to vocalist Yadira Gianola. The young musicians felt an instant chemistry, and Nikki Clan were born. By April of the year, the group began working on original material for a demo, under Vázquez's guidance. A few short months later Nikki Clan presented the songs "Mírame" and "Dimelo a Mí" to execs at Sony BMG. By the end of 2005 Nikki Clan were offered a five-album deal, and set to work on their debut record. The band's self-titled record, Nikki Clan, was released in 2006 to rave reviews. The album was carried to number ten on the Mexican pop charts on the strength of the hit single "Mírame."

Estero

Well, almost 3 million views on youtube later, looks like Tommy Mottola the former head of Sony Music has signed them with Universal. The band was in San Diego this week in the recording studio. Might be a while before they will get to Penasco but we'll see.

R

reportjones

I would love to see them in Penasco. These kids have some serious talent! Maybe they could play at the Penasco Children's Foundation party this year (if there is one). This was definatley draw a large crowd!