An upbeat article

garyd

Well Known Member
Marriott to Nearly Triple Its Presence in Mexico
PUERTO PENASCO, Sonora, MX: Marriott International has inked deals with four Mexican companies to add 29 branded Marriott hotels in Mexico, create an estimated 3,000 new jobs and represent a total investment of more than $1 billion by the owners of the Marriott properties. This will nearly triple Marriott’s presence in Mexico.

One of the companies involved is Grupo Questro, famous for its Los Cabos developments, which is co-developing a $1.2 billion project in the Sandy Beach Resorts area called Penasco Bay. This project is planned to include two beachfront hotels, 900 beachfront condominiums, an 18-hole golf course and resort with 1,000 homes and 1,000 more condominiums, and a convention and expo center to be built by the state of Sonora.

Grupo Questro is led by Eduardo Sanchez-Navarro, the heir to the Corona beer family.

The deal inked by Sanchez-Navarro with Marriott is for an upscale 250-room Puerto Penasco Marriott Resort, expected to open in 2011. This resort, long anticipated by Puerto Penasco, is a really big deal for the community, heralding as it does the arrival of a major brand to its shores.

So far there has been no mention of timeshare in the deal, but considering the scale of the project, I don’t think it’s out of bounds to wonder if some of those condominiums might eventually become Marriott-branded fractional and/or timeshare inventory. If that were to happen, Puerto Penasco would then be anchored by two major timeshare names: Marriott Vacation Ownership at the northwestern tip of the region, and Mayan Palace Resorts at the southeastern end.

It would be a GOOD thing!

jerry

Well Known Member
If they keep on building without fixing the infrastructure even superior projects like this will be losers.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
HAPPY said:
~~It would be a GOOD thing! ~~~
~~~ Jesus,Mary,and Joseph ~~~ what a statement ~~~
~~~ The small mind never ceases to amaze me ~~~
~~~ That is all we need down in pp ~~~ is more of the monstrosities ~~~ pigeon coops ~~~ on what is left of the beaches ~~~ what they need to do is bring in a hundred bulldozers and start scraping the beaches clean ~~~ put it back like it was ~~~ my friends ~~~ stand back and have a look see ~~~ what a shame ~~~ a ~~~ "GOOD THING!" ~~~ hell you can't hardly drive around anymore ~~~ you get killed by head ons, ~~~ a~~~ "GOOD THING!" ~~~ keep it up and it won't be fit for man or beast ~~~ a ~~~"GOOD THING!" ~~~ the hunger and crime is out of control ~~~ a ~~~ "GOOD THING!" ~~~

~~~ Here --- :fish: y :fish: y :fish: y ~~~ a ~~~"GOOD THING!" ~~~
Happy...I don't always agree with everything you write....but in this case, from a 25 yr. visitor to RP, I wholeheartedly AGREE!!!!

The infrastructure has not kept up with all the development. I have a friend who lives in town, and he has almost no water pressure, and frequently no water at all! How is all the trash being handled? Has anyone watched how these "wonderfull" condos are being constructed? The first real hurricane that hits will leave just the floors and framework standing!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
It's a good thing???? :eek: how will it be a good thing, care to elaborate? the only good thing might be that Super ley will sell more bird seed at $9.99 :lol: :lol: :lol: and once Marriott goes up it will be $15.99, I remmember someone said to me in the old forum that condos construction had nothing to do with rising prices in PP, ah duh!!!! :eek: where are the bulldozers!!!! :eek: I can believe I say that, no, no I do!!!! wishfull thinking :twisted: very :twisted:

garyd

Well Known Member
I do not know if it is a "good thing" or a "bad thing" all I did was post the article. I thought it was "upbeat" versus all the negative stuff about people losing money, condo projects going bust and last but not least the eyesore of the skeletons of uncompleted projects. Thought is was upbeat that the Beer Guy is putting money into PP. :sunny:

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
garyd said:
I do not know if it is a "good thing" or a "bad thing" all I did was post the article. I thought it was "upbeat" versus all the negative stuff about people losing money, condo projects going bust and last but not least the eyesore of the skeletons of uncompleted projects. Thought is was upbeat that the Beer Guy is putting money into PP. :sunny:
Don't take the responses personally....at least not from me!

Kenny

Well Known Member
Nothing personal, I have very good friends who are trailer trash ;)LOL but I was shocked :eek: and disappointed :cry: to see they had paved Sandy beach and put trailers on it way back when. I had been gone for awhile and I didn't even recognize parts of Cholla and town.That's when I started going down to La Pinta and other spots south that you could cut into and get away from the crowd.

Where are the outdoor adventuress types going now, that won't cost a arm and a leg??

Kenny

garyd

Well Known Member
Thanks for the replies. I remember when you could actually ride a horse to the store in Scottsdale. All gone now. Progress. :cry:

Kenny

Well Known Member
garyd said:
Thanks for the replies. I remember when you could actually ride a horse to the store in Scottsdale. All gone now. Progress. :cry:
Heck yes and hunt Dove and Quail around Camelback mountain, fish the crosscut canal and catch and eat the crawdads in it too. A wonderful place for a young man in the 50's and early 60's to grow up at, not today.

Kenny

garyd

Well Known Member
Heck yes and hunt Dove and Quail around Camelback mountain, fish the crosscut canal and catch and eat the crawdads in it too. A wonderful place for a young man in the 50's and early 60's to grow up at, not today.

Kenny

garyd

Well Known Member
Sorry Kenny I screwed up trying to copy your post, :roll: I was not here way back then but things seem to chage here daily. :cry: I remember when Shea Blvd was a two lane road to the Salt River. Now it is a virtual Freeway. Used to drive out to 136th St to target shoot. No More

jerry

Well Known Member
Kemmy a couple of my friends moved to Panama 3 years ago (bocas del Toro?) and never came back.They were going to grow coffee but work construction jobs for euro eco resort type places and go fishing.

A Russian businessman i ran into when in Costa Rica 10 years ago offered me 10,000 dollars to carry back some "seed samples" to his partner in the states.I'd be getting out of jail right about now if i had said yes.