Another Great Weekend in Paradise

az-dan

Had a great time weekend. We (my wife, my 76 year old mom, a 67 year old friend and I) left Avondale Friday morning and had a safe easy drive there. Met up with some friends and headed to Viva Mexico for lunch and stops at the BooBar and the Sharkbite. Now my 76 year old mom is tagged on FaceBook, lol. Went back to the Sonoran Sea to get cleaned up and then dinner at Pane e Vino's where we bumped into Rosie.
Saturday morning we all went to Max's where we bumped into GV Jack, had a great breakfast and bloody Mary's. Went to the dock to see the Rocio Del Mar as they were cleaning it and getting it ready for their next trip. Met up with several people at Tucson Beach (Cholla Bay) and went scuba diving at Pelican point, what a blast it was, water temp was 87. Had a potluck dinner at AZ-Rob's over looking Tucson Beach and watched a great but cloudy sunset from his patio. Sunday morning breakfast on our patio and then dropped off food at a friend's house, purchased tamales and tortilla's for dinner at home that night. A stop at the Tequilla Factory 4 adults 8 bottles for home then a stop for fuel and Thrify ice cream, then an easy trip home. Great weekend with great friends. Can't wait for the next trip.

El Gato

Hard to go around Penasco without bumping into friends - or meeting new ones!

Glad you all had a wonderful time.

kelly

where did you get the tamales??? I am coming next friday and would love to find some good tamales!!!

az-dan

The same place I get the tortillas just around the corner of Brothers Pizza located at No Reelection (the principal road leading to the developments) and Constitution. On Constitution going south on the right. They sell until they and gone so don't be late.

fasteddy

that's where i go. Do they still have the little dog in front? Dan we will be heading down on the 5th of Oct.
still want to meet you and yours.

Ed

az-dan

that's where i go. Do they still have the little dog in front? Dan we will be heading down on the 5th of Oct.
still want to meet you and yours.

Ed
Dog in front? Thats every place, lol.

It will be a while before I can make it back but I let you know.

Landshark

where did you get the tamales??? I am coming next friday and would love to find some good tamales!!!
I get tamales at the tortillaria on Sinaloa just north of Fremont Blvd. It is a house, sign out front, north of the tracks, just before the fruit & veggie market. The tortillas are great and their tamales are awesome. I always look forward to going there. It's a place that just feels right...great food and very friendly people.

I love posts like this, almost as much as I love Viva Mexico!! I'm so happy he opened a little place right down the street from PDO:) Now, not only am I anxious to get down there, but my tummy is growling like crazy............