Another rain storm 12/18/11

Another big storm rolling through this morning. Roads already in some rough shape. I just don't remember it raining as much as it gas the last 6 weeks or so. I wonder what the yearly average rain fall is and what it's at right now.

I've been watching that creep across from the western Baja coastline, looks bad, and just about hitting Tucson as we speak, a few drops arriving as the sun disappears...

Roberto

Yes, rain, rain, rain. Far more than I've seen in 6 years here. Pools of water in the streets concealing monster potholes are a real hazard right now. It will be a green spring time this year. A trip to the Pinacate in a couple of months is certainly in order.

Kenny

Yes, rain, rain, rain. Far more than I've seen in 6 years here. Pools of water in the streets concealing monster potholes are a real hazard right now. It will be a green spring time this year. A trip to the Pinacate in a couple of months is certainly in order.
I have 2 weeks off from work, and I was thinking about coming down for a little visit Roberto; but it looks like you're safe for now.

A

azbeachboy

I had to go to Tempe today. It rained from Tucson to Tempe. On the way home it rained from Chandler to Tucson. And it's still raining. I just saw on the news Tucson has had 3 inches of rain in the last 6 weeks. This has been the wettest year in over a decade for Tucson.

The roads in Las Conchas were really torn up - the shortcut road, I think Blvd. Josefina (or something similar) has huge pot holes now many hidden by the water. I got the feeling that the city is still trying to get out from previous rain storms when this one hit as well. Good for the water table I suppose.

jerry

2.5 hours waiting at the Maraposa crossing in the Nogales rain storm last night...cross the border and it's pretty dry...