Antibiotics

mojo

I'm here in beautiful RP with a cold. Is it possible to buy antibiotics without a prescription here? If so any suggestions where to go?
Thanks

AZRob

I buy mine at the pharmacy on the right side of road in the smaller gift shops before you go down to the fish market. You dont need a scrip. get some amoxicillin or penicillin there.

Kenny

I'm here in beautiful RP with a cold. Is it possible to buy antibiotics without a prescription here? If so any suggestions where to go?
Thanks
"If you have a cold and feel lousy, you probably want something to help you feel better. Many people assume they need an antibiotic, but antibiotics treat bacterial infections, and colds are caused by viruses. Taking an antibiotic unnecessarily not only won't help your cold but it can be dangerous to your health. It can raise your resistance to antibiotics, so that when you have a bacterial infection, it will be harder to treat. The medicine won't work as well - or not at all."
http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/antibiotics-colds

TICO-T

"If you have a cold and feel lousy, you probably want something to help you feel better. Many people assume they need an antibiotic, but antibiotics treat bacterial infections, and colds are caused by viruses. Taking an antibiotic unnecessarily not only won't help your cold but it can be dangerous to your health. It can raise your resistance to antibiotics, so that when you have a bacterial infection, it will be harder to treat. The medicine won't work as well - or not at all."
http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/antibiotics-colds
Well spoken Kenny. Try chicken noodle soup and whiskey for a cold.

No antibiotics needed,
Vit C, Chicken soup, a humidifier if you're coughing, laying out in the warm sun for a bit everyday and 3-5 days of time off from work is all you need.

JWT

User is currently banned
PPRES

Once again, I must caution readers about believing what you read here from tourists who know very little of which they spout. These folks may be dangerous to your health !

Come Jan 1/15, it has been 2-3 years since MX banned sales of all antibiotics without an originally signed prescription. The problem was MXCN folks developing immunities. We know a couple places in PP ignoring the law, but what they sell are placebos. Stick with the chicken soup.

AZRob

PPRES

Once again, I must caution readers about believing what you read here from tourists who know very little of which they spout. These folks may be dangerous to your health !

Come Jan 1/15, it has been 2-3 years since MX banned sales of all antibiotics without an originally signed prescription. The problem was MXCN folks developing immunities. We know a couple places in PP ignoring the law, but what they sell are placebos. Stick with the chicken soup.
The summer of 2014 I bought 2 new bottles antibiotics with no scrip. I can get them almost every where down there with no scrip. and other med's with no scrip. even my BP med's. Maybe they dont sell to you for some reason?

Roberto

The summer of 2014 I bought 2 new bottles antibiotics with no scrip. I can get them almost every where down there with no scrip. and other med's with no scrip. even my BP med's. Maybe they dont sell to you for some reason?
Yeah, (s)he does not know the secret handshake nor wear the lapel pin. She's been passin as a resident.

I have found some of the farmacia's won't sell antibiotics that used to without a script. But there are plenty who still do.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
as non resident that spends tons of time in RP/PP but less time in the forum I can say, as many non-residents here have done, you do NOT have to live permanently in RP/PP no know all the great specials there are, many of them are by word of mouth from neighbor to meighbor, you will find the best specials are the ones that come from your mexican neighbors and not your USA neighbors that live in Las Conchas supposedly as permanent residents, which I know quite a few and they do not even know where Cornejo is located, not even a mile away from there door step!!!! by the way the best fresh fish and seafood I have bought in RP/PP is from my fisherman neighbor and the best ceviche. menudo, pozole, tamales y family gatherings are at my neighborhood full of fishermen and good people at Colonia Oriente!!!!! I do have to say, like a few in here, there is nothing better than the real thing, if you come to Mexico enjoy it for what it is and not for what you would like it to be!!!!
The only way to enjoy Mexico is getting out and getting to know the mexicans around you in town not the touristic areas, as there are lots of permanent visitors, some for over 40 years, that all they do is go to the touristic areas and nothing else, so they do not even know whats in the other side of the road !!!!
AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! almost forgot you can buy antibiotics at Cosmos Farmacia all you need is a red rose on you left ear and ware a purple shirt with pink polka dotts!!!! AQF

Last edited: