Any Change? Covid in Puerto Penasco - Sept 2021

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
Translation: Rocky Point needs tourist dollars more than the fear of catching the chinese virus. Would your rather die of starvation or be sick for a week or two?

Last edited:

AZRob

Well Known Member
That article was semi positive on the over look of the pandemic in RP. Hey I get the mask issue. But even if you got the shot and you feel you don't need to wear a mask, you still should if its required/asked of you.
Because the "experts say" even if you got your shot you can still carry it and pass it or catch it yourself from someone vaccinated/or not vaccinated.
Tell me, Its been awhile since we were down, but isn't this the slow time there. Some shops close down to save on utility bills/not much traffic?

Maduro steve

Well Known Member
As we are finding out masks do not work and think about it , standing 6ft apart In a store with a ventilation system circulating air you and the person 6ft from you are breathing does absolutely nothing to keep you safe. But if you feel you need to those things you have freedom to do so and I chose not to that's my choice .

AZRob

Well Known Member
yes, you do have a choice. But rules are rules.

If you don't like it, don't go there. That's how I look at it.

richwi

Well Known Member
As we are finding out masks do not work and think about it , standing 6ft apart In a store with a ventilation system circulating air you and the person 6ft from you are breathing does absolutely nothing to keep you safe. But if you feel you need to those things you have freedom to do so and I chose not to that's my choice .
So far all of the significant, peer reviewed studies show that high compliance in wearing masks significantly slows the spread of Covid. The most quoted is a recent study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science. This does not negate your choice to not wear one where they are not required but the research does not back up your statement.
I admit there are things on line that are anecdotal or are small sample size, non reviewed studies that may say otherwise but as a recently retired secondary researcher ( I researched other peoples work, Im not smart enough to do my own) I have a firm understanding of the significance of peer reviewed research vs anecdotal or uncontrolled preliminary looks at science. Daily there is preliminary evidence of many things but a fully compliant, peer reviewed study is the good standard.