Any Covid restrictions & First trip in a while…

AZRob

Well Known Member
Firsthand knowledge here, everyone in my house got the omicron already. It lasted 2 days for half of us and 3-4 days for the rest. I took one of my kids to the doctor and they would not prescribe any meds. Told me to make hot tea and honey for cough (which was not bad more of a tickle) and drink plenty of OJ and if a fever happens take Tylenol to bring it down (two had fever first day everyone else no fever). Don't believe the hype you see on tv.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Firsthand knowledge here, everyone in my house got the omicron already. It lasted 2 days for half of us and 3-4 days for the rest. I took one of my kids to the doctor and they would not prescribe any meds. Told me to make hot tea and honey for cough (which was not bad more of a tickle) and drink plenty of OJ and if a fever happens take Tylenol to bring it down (two had fever first day everyone else no fever). Don't believe the hype you see on tv.
Sure the new's makes a big story out of most everything, Covid too..
But ask your Dr or nurse friends about it and you'll see they believe it's dangerous and to pay attention to it and it's trends.

Too bad everyone reacts differently, with the Omicron strain my wife's best friend now has Covid, with mild symptoms,
her boyfriend had a high fever and symptoms like the worse flu or Pneumonia he ever had.
They both had the booster vaccine.
Our gym buddies in their late 20's, both had high fevers and bad flu symptoms for almost 1 week.
With the Beta and Delta strain, I know 4 people who died from it.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Fyi, Penasco on Thursday had 55 new cases and today had another 88 cases.
Wonder how many more in the next 7-10 days after the RCP concerts?

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
You can not vaccinate or boost your way around this virus as your AOC who is vacced and twice boosted along with hundreds of thousands other are proving as we speak . Of the 800,000+ deaths ,75% died with underlying issues 200,000 died of the actual virus, this was on national TV morning. Cold and flue season is here to stay, they nerver ever go away .
Vaccinations are well documented to reduce symptoms and the likelihood of hospitalization. My ER Doc nurse says 95% of the people in her hospital with Covid and in the ICU have never been vaccinated. They may have underlying conditions but without Covid they would not be in the hospital either. So I guess, for me, If I had underlying conditions there is 100% likelihood that I would be vaxxed. Also, I just don’t like to be sick, miss work or fun so vaccinations are my route. What upsets me are the unvaccinated clogging up the ER & ICU’s so that people with other medical issues cannot get service they may truly need. https://www.npr.org/2021/08/19/1029378744/hospital-beds-shortage-covid-coronavirus-states

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
One more thing: try traveling to a country with a history of diseases we in the Western world are not exposed to. When I went to Africa-way before Covid, the vaccine routine to be allowed in to the country was strict & rigorous. We were required to receive about 6 new vaccinations, carry our proof with us at all times, not allowed entry or exit into any country without proof of vaccinations and even denied some public transportation and venues if you could not produce your proof of vaccines. This was all pre-Covid in third world countries who have had to deal with diseases for a long time, now with Covid the rules are much tighter. This is just an interesting insight in to how for many years different countries with more pandemic experience have learned to deal with disease. We were very surprised at the seriousness of it all so when the Covid vaccines became available here they were to us routine, no big deal, made sense and if the vaccines grant me an additional one day on the beach then they work for me. To each his own but adhering to political dogma over science is something one might consider seeing a shrink for and makes me think the third world countries I visited have a much smarter and aware populace.

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Sure the new's makes a big story out of most everything, Covid too..
But ask your Dr or nurse friends about it and you'll see they believe it's dangerous and to pay attention to it and it's trends.

Too bad everyone reacts differently, with the Omicron strain my wife's best friend now has Covid, with mild symptoms,
her boyfriend had a high fever and symptoms like the worse flu or Pneumonia he ever had.
They both had the booster vaccine.
Our gym buddies in their late 20's, both had high fevers and bad flu symptoms for almost 1 week.
With the Beta and Delta strain, I know 4 people who died from it.
A very good friend of mine is on a heart lung machine & in an induced coma because the Omicron variant seemed to attack his heart. Very sad and the outcome is not known. He has four daughters at home. He was vaxxed, no booster and no one else in the family vaxxed or unvaxxed got the virus. It is serious business and deathly for some, just a sniffle for others.

Old55

Well Known Member
The booster is key.In a critical care area of a Boise hospital all but three patients were unvaccinated.The other three didnt have the booster.I am really sorry for your friend.Growning up without a dad sucks.

mondone

Whitecaps
Lost 2 close friends to Covid. First one was pre-vaccine times at 52 y.o., female in not great but in good health. Died within 24 hours of symptoms in hospital. Second one was 7 months ago, non-vaxxed, 63 y.o. in GREAT health and in GREAT physical shape as an active workout enthusiast. Died after 1 week in hospital. I'm sorry, but I have not taken this virus lightly.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Lost 2 close friends to Covid. First one was pre-vaccine times at 52 y.o., female in not great but in good health. Died within 24 hours of symptoms in hospital. Second one was 7 months ago, non-vaxxed, 63 y.o. in GREAT health and in GREAT physical shape as an active workout enthusiast. Died after 1 week in hospital. I'm sorry, but I have not taken this virus lightly.
Yes I agree but the jack asses persist.

GEEKMEISTER

A very good friend of mine is on a heart lung machine & in an induced coma because the Omicron variant seemed to attack his heart. Very sad and the outcome is not known. He has four daughters at home. He was vaxxed, no booster and no one else in the family vaxxed or unvaxxed got the virus. It is serious business and deathly for some, just a sniffle for others.
The vaccine attacked his heart. Do your research.