Any decent mechanics in Rocky Point?

I bought a 2002 Jaguar X-Type here in the states that I was planning to drive to Rocky Point (probably not the wisest car choose I could have made)
On a long shot I thought I would ask if there is anyplace capable of servicing it while we are there?

Rhino

Check out Doug and Ralph at SDS Automotive on Freemont across from Bryan's Sports Bar. They are terrific mechanics and good guys.

Also the mechanic behind Santa Fe market coming into town is very good and US trained good english.
North end of Santa Fe Mkt. back 1 block and turn right. Big cream colored building.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Ditto SDS on Fremont.

And, your 2002 X-type is on the same platform as the Lincoln LS and Ford Thunderbird, so most of the suspension and drivetrain parts are shared among those models.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I think if a 1988 Jag is good here than any year after that can be... Here is Naomis 88 XJ6 in front of one our fav Tacos stands many years ago

scan0001.jpg

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Russ, that was my favorite taco stand forever. I watched 'em build it......Their beans were the best....

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Does she still have it. I googled Jag dealers it looks like the nearest one is in Tucson! How did she get parts for it?
When we sold our business in the States she gave it to one of her employees as a parting gift. We had a mechanic in Cottonwood that took care of it but the one time we wanted to see how fast it would go we blew a fan belt on the road between Sonoyta and Peñasco. We went to Sonoyta and found a belt that was one size fits all European and it got us back to Peñasco and ultimately back to our mechanic who fixed her up good as new once again!