Any homes for sale by owner?

garyd

Check out Puerta Privada. Pricey in comparison but no weekend renters only long term ones. Minimum 6 months. You will be glad you did after you have dealt with Spring break, Semana Santa renters and etc.

The parrot can always go in the way the mexicans used to smuggle them into the states. The smaller birds were put into toilet paper tubes and kept in the dark to be quiet.
Larger birds just bigger tubes.

Oh I would not tell you to do that. But remember I have never been ask if I have a bird.

Hi Dina and Chris,
I am happy to hear you are moving here to Rocky Point! I am also happy to see that you reached out for advice, and that there are caring people offering advice, their experiences, and links to Real estate agent sites and recommendations. I am familiar with the majority of the problems some of these members had either experienced or heard about. It was really the wild west many years ago, now, but in the recent years the State of Sonora has required agents to be licensed, which means in 2008 and 2009, in the FIRST classes, they paid $1250 USD for their Diplomado class (I have the list of attendees, and over 200 other agents and myself included, had attended the Diplomado) That came at a time where the U.S. economy and Mexico sales were declining, we had less sales, less commission, but MORE expenses. In addition, we paid for the "no criminal" record from the police station, and approx. $100 more to give our representative our application packages to carry them to Hermosillo, our state capital. Plus we sat our butts in 100 hours of classes including ethics. They held these classes on our prime business days when clients arrive, Friday evening and Saturday during the day! This is the tip of the iceberg. It was a huge deal to get a State of Sonora license here and we value ours immensely because of what it took to get it. The State of Sonora has had AMPI organize the classes, and we just finished the whole month of September. I was there for my license renewal but there were over 20 new agents in town learning the proper way to do business and the classes were excellent and essential to have the correct knowledge of how to navigate Mexican real estate transactions, INCLUDING RENTALS!! There are new rules applying to rentals, glad it doesn't apply to me, I prefer sales. (by the way, license enforcement is a whole other story!)
You are going to have many of your own experiences that will include being told 20 different answers to just one question, and your patience will be tested. If you are like many of us, you will have earned your right of passage! It takes a special person to live in Mexico full time. After a few years living and selling real estate in Rocky Point, I moved to Puerto Vallarta for nearly 3 years, also selling real estate. Yes there were unethical people there too, but the majority are honorable and GOOD everywhere you go. I moved back to Rocky Point a couple months ago and I am seeing several new faces here. There are so many neat events to attend and things to do. I hope you are getting invited by your real estate agent and/or friends you have made.
By the way, if you choose to deal with an AMPI member, (they are required to be licensed) you will have an avenue to file a complaint if you have a poor experience. You can ask AMPI for a report, there were hardly any this past year, I feel its partly due to proper education of the agents.
The best thing you are doing is your due diligence.

If you chose Dee Brooks, as someone suggested, check out her website and see how much she helps the animals in need, gotta love her for her kindness!
If you chose REMAX, you will find yourself in a friendly helpful family business that cares. I see that someone put a link of www.playa-encanto.com where there is the MacKenzies listed as well, and also listed is Jonni Francis, who has been here many, many years. I've done business with all of them and have dealt with most everyone in town, with no issues at all.

There ARE escrow accounts available, and there are "middlemen" here that are licensed and trusted attorneys that coordinate transactions properly, with no risk for the seller and buyer and real estate agency. Just keep on interviewing until you get the gut feeling you are in the right place. You can perform an MLS search by clicking on the "Search the MLS" tab on the website www.rockypointampi.com

You had asked about foreclosed homes. I know of some condos, not on the internet, and I know of a Las Conchas home that is a fixer upper, it's a family home paid off, just that the child doesn't want it, selling "as is'. It's not on the MLS yet or any website, will most likely sell before it hits the internet, but these "deals" are hard to come by. Just keep searching and good luck to you and maybe we will meet around town. You can see my photo, so please look for me, the www.MexicanBeachBum.com (robin) I can tell you some of the cool events we have in town. Also try visitng www.rockypoint360.com and subscribe to their newsletter.
oops, I tend to write stories, and I think I will make this my next blog! Also you can visit www.mexicomyspace.com a site for expats. Tell George I sent you, he loves to write, he even has books on Amazon about Mexico.
WELCOME HOME DINA AND CHRIS!!

Here's is an absolutely hilarious line from the AMPI definition of a "Broker" : “ [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Broker”is defined as the individual owner of a corporation, or not,
[/FONT]

ROBERTO, please tell me where you see this definition, is it in the Rocky Point AMPI site or another city? If you can, please give me the link so I can investigate. I am a web girl, and if I see errors, I often give feedback to webmasters. Thanks!!!!

marybna

Bellla Sirena is also quiet. There are less than 50 condo in the rental pool with Seaside. We are not a cement Bee HIve on weekends and holidays. Always pool chairs available.

jerry

Bellla Sirena is also quiet. There are less than 50 condo in the rental pool with Seaside. We are not a cement Bee HIve on weekends and holidays. Always pool chairs available.
one more chair is empty...we do know that much

Reactions: ron

jerry

Dina, Chris,

Please give me a call at 480 420 6212 i have several 3b/3b Condominiums and homes for sale.
Rocky Point is very safe.
You can also email me your request at [email protected]
Is it Safe?

I just get sick of the real estate professionals papering over the current situation in Sonora.Over 6 killed 9 days ago near Caborca ,one dead in penasco and maybe 20 state wide in a war between factions,military and police that may have loyalties to all sides...

AZRob

Is it Safe?

I just get sick of the real estate professionals papering over the current situation in Sonora.Over 6 killed 9 days ago near Caborca ,one dead in penasco and maybe 20 state wide in a war between factions,military and police that may have loyalties to all sides...
So when you going down next?

Abigail

And About parrots, yes you can. But there is only 3 ports of entry in the hole border to do it and you require some extra permits. I will be more than glad to help you with that.

mis2810

What kind of terms are the lenders offering? And what banks lend money on these in the first place? American or Mexican?
I haven't heard of any banks - either US or Mexican - that lend for Mexican property. The foreclosures she's referring to are most likely from the original developer financing, or owners behind on their mortgage looking to get out. Owner financing or developer financed foreclosures is the only thing I've ever heard of.

ben21

I haven't heard of any banks - either US or Mexican - that lend for Mexican property. The foreclosures she's referring to are most likely from the original developer financing, or owners behind on their mortgage looking to get out. Owner financing or developer financed foreclosures is the only thing I've ever heard of.
Yeah I hadn't either... If those banks plan on unloading foreclosed condos for cash, there better be a pretty steep discount.

mis2810

Yeah I hadn't either... If those banks plan on unloading foreclosed condos for cash, there better be a pretty steep discount.
Some will give terms, but there's normally about a 25% down payment and it's usually a short term loan with a balloon.

ben21

Some will give terms, but there's normally about a 25% down payment and it's usually a short term loan with a balloon.
I remember we were shopping around a few years back and many of the private sellers were accepting offers of 10-20% down. Given the current economy, I just don't see a lot of buyers ready to drop 200k cash on a condo. Of course the beach battle last month won't help either.

My husband and I are looking to relocate permanently to PP. Does anyone know of a home or condo preferably 3 bedrooms with ocb? View of beach or on the beach preferably. Interested in owner occupancy and have read a few horror stories so I want to be certain I do all of my home work. I know the economy has hit many hard so perhaps we can find a win win situation.

Just as a side note I have really enjoyed reading this board and the wealth of information so many have been kind enough to share.

Cant wait to be part of such a warm community!

Dina & Chris
Dina and Chris please connect with me. Maria