Any one for fishing

sampson

Playing Hooky
Hello, I am new to this talk forum website. I frequent RP at least 3-4 times a year for fishing. My wife and I will be visiting Rocky Point this weekend, arriving on Fri. Jan. 14 in the early a.m. and departing Mon. Jan. 17. I was inquiring about anyone who is going out fishing and would like another paying person to pitch in. I usally go out on a private charter; however that person was experiencing engine problems at that moment and I don't want to take that risk of getting stuck out at sea. Please feel free to get back to me on this post or contact me via e-mail at [email protected]

ReelHard

grouper slayer
buoy weather is not looking so good for that weekend. but it is still early in the week. so it could get better by the weekend. If so i will be heading down. I go down just about every weekend that is fishable. If the weather is good you can fish with me. I will let you know if i will be going down.

sampson

Playing Hooky
Thanks for your response. I'm glad to hear that you may potentially go fishing. I'm just going for a weekend getaway on my b/day weekend with the hope of being able to fish with someone. Should you go fishing, what equipment should I prepare to pack? I look forward to hearing from you and if you go, you letting me know my share of gas, etc? Thanks!

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
Depending how far you want to go out and how long you want to stay out there are always guys on the road to the malecon who are cheap to fish with

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
ReelHard
Sun is a little rough in am but looks like it settles down later. We are going to try to come down Sat am and stay to Tues am Whats your schedule?
Edna and I would like to go if things work out. Even some of the closer in reefs would be ok. Anything beats not going fishing.

ReelHard

grouper slayer
i will keep watching weather. There is not a whole lot to catch but rock bass and triggers at the closer reefs. The grouper bite is real slow this time of year. there might be the chance of a pinto. but i would not guarantee it.

dmcauley

Well Known Member
There is no way to launch and fish this weekend. The best fishing I know of is at Pelican Point for Pompano or the harbor for corvina. Good luck, I'm not even going to make the trip.

sampson

Playing Hooky
Hi, are you still thinking about fishing this weekend? I'm still interested. Email me for my contact info at [email protected] so that we can be in touch if you do decide to go. Thanks for your time/consideration.

ReelHard

grouper slayer
I will not be heading down. there is only a small window of oppurtunity. and it might not even be oppurtunity. 51 miles is a long way to get pounded and wet. it is not worth it for a few hours of fishing. hopefully buoy weather is wrong and you guys make it out. good luck and give us a report either way when you get back.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Playa, thats a trouser trout or a boxer bass not sure which. and. yes thats what a masterbaiter looks like

Last edited:

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Now thats for sure !!! ~~~

Grimas, only Kenny would know for sure!!!
~~~ Have you ever seen the pics. of ol Mr :gay: Kenny over @ ~~~ "Fairy Beach" ~~~

~~~ & the ~~~ :gayfight:"S he gets into !!! ~~~

~~~ yeah he know for SURE !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ~~~

Masterbaiter

I was fishing lake mille lacs in minnesota and we pulled near a boat to see their catch.They introduced themselves, then the guy holding the minnow bucket
said" I'm the masterbaiter".I still laugh about that to this day.I've been fishing rocky point since 1998 every winter.I grew up on the gulf coast and have fished from louisiana to the east coast of florida.Many great trips in those places but I'm completely hooked on the sea of cortez.It is paradise.I don't have a boat but have had some excellent trips with the different charters in the area.Hopefully sunday will be fishable.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
The wind quit here a little bit ago, but I think tomorrow is gonna be bad, but Sunday looks allright. Its better to be a baiter than a cabin boy.

Last edited:

Jim

Well Known Member
I grew up in Minnesota and have fished that lake. The Sea of Cortez is absolutely the best. There are lots of lakes and some good fishing in Minnesota but for the most part the fish from there are bait for here. I've fished Canada too but again, I'm spoiled from fishing here. I have good fishing buddies from Texas (lakes) who brag about what they catch and I just laugh. Sometimes size does matter...

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I was fishing lake mille lacs in minnesota and we pulled near a boat to see their catch.They introduced themselves, then the guy holding the minnow bucket
said" I'm the masterbaiter".I still laugh about that to this day.I've been fishing rocky point since 1998 every winter.I grew up on the gulf coast and have fished from louisiana to the east coast of florida.Many great trips in those places but I'm completely hooked on the sea of cortez.It is paradise.I don't have a boat but have had some excellent trips with the different charters in the area.Hopefully sunday will be fishable.
Masterbaiter, try Rick at Hammer Scuba he will put you on the fish or Gaby if you want a panga 638-109-4130 www.hammerscuba.com you will like Rick.ra6059_xl.jpg