Any problem with crossing...

Wldcat10

Heading down to RP this weekend. Haven't been down there in about 3-4 years and have missed it dearly! Cannot wait to be down there relaxing.

We always buy/take beer in our ice chests over with us. I thought I read in another forum that recently they were taking away any beer/liquor. Not sure if I read that right?

Is this true, or should I be good to go? Any info is appreciated...

They will allow (I believe) 1 - 12pk of beer or 1 liter of hard stuff/wine per adult.
You can actually buy US branded beer (Coors light, Bud) in RP for less than in the US.
6 packs of Corona, Pacifico, Dos XX, Sol are 80-88 pesos ($4.25) Coors light and Bud are about the same at Super Ley.
I pretty much buy 90% of what I need in RP. I will bring the few things you can't find in RP with me from the US.

I have never had any taken for 20+ years. I always line the bottom of my ice chest with beer and cover
it up with food and ice and have a 12 pack out for show.

You have to be careful with meats, I usually hid those before I cross the border and put them back in my ice chest at the taco stand
in front of Vasquez's in Sonoyta.
Set your cruise control for 25mph all through Sonoyta, they like picking on US visitors for the 1000 peso ($55) fines for speeding.
When you see a 40kph speed sign obey it at both ends of town especially going north as you come around the last curve entering town.
Enjoy your trip and plan on it being hot and humid, it's still a great time even in July.

Landshark

from RP Times March, 2016 ...
Coming down to Rocky Point? We have been hearing about tighter checks at border for cigarettes and booze. “Passengers over 18 years, are allowed up to 10 packs of cigarettes, 25 cigars or 200 grams of snuff; up to three liters of alcoholic drinks (8 - 12oz beers) and six liters of wine.”
NOTE: Although the Mexican SAT website says 6 liters of wine…we have reports of only 3 liters of wine being allowed at checkpoint. To be safe you might want to keep it at 3 liters wine.