Appliance and moving

Hi,

Will be building out in Santo Tomas soon and in preparation we are trying to figure out if we best buy all new appliance's in the US and move them thru a company ( and pay the duties). There seems to be a big price difference between buying in RP and US , even after paying the taxes. As well as more options in the US ( but maybe I am wrong)

We would do one truckload full of everything we need.

What is your experience, did you buy locally, any second hand options from people selling items on the forum?

Thank you

Fred

Appliances and electronics seem to run really high in rp, we buy ours in us and pay the fee for entry. Other items bed, couches etc we buy in rp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIRAMAR

We purchased great used US appliances in Craigslist and imported them. Most are analog as the electrical spikes have caused problems with digital appliances I hear.

Appliances and electronics seem to run really high in rp, we buy ours in us and pay the fee for entry. Other items bed, couches etc we buy in rp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it any issue bringing over the border? You just declare it at the booth and that it

THERE WILL BE A STOP SIGN BEFORE YOU GET TO THE BOOTH. THERE IS A SIGN THAT SAYS DECLARE WITH AN ARROW POINTING LEFT, YOU'LL SEE A PARKING AREA AND A BUILDING ACROSS FROM IT. YOU GO INTO THE BUILDING PRESENT YOUR RECEIPT OF WHAT YOU PAID FOR THE ITEM AND YOU'LL BE TAXED ACCORDINGLY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A RECEIPT THEY MAY CHOOSE TO COME OUT AND EVALUATE THE ITEMS. GOOD LUCK ON THAT ONE.

jerry

Hi Fred, welcome to the neighborhood.I think you should consider Home Depot in Nogales Sonora.The peso/dollar exchange has things like water heaters I looked at around American prices or lower.The Socoada hardware store in Y Griega is great.George that works the counter speaks good English they supply They have stoves,appliances too...good mini split deals too plus the colored concrete laundry sinks are nice for cleaning fish
  • Hardware
  • Construction Material
  • Electricity
  • Plumbing
  • Painting
  • Gardening
  • Tools
  • aluminums
  • air conditioners
  • Steel
  • glasses
  • lumber
  • Iron
  • Home accessories
- See more at: http://paginas.seccionamarilla.com.mx/grupo-socoada/articulos-de-ferreteria/sonora/altar/-/centro/#sthash.JwwxRvPv.dpuf

Hi Fred, welcome to the neighborhood.I think you should consider Home Depot in Nogales Sonora.The peso/dollar exchange has things like water heaters I looked at around American prices or lower.The Socoada hardware store in Y Griega is great.George that works the counter speaks good English they supply They have stoves,appliances too...good mini split deals too plus the colored concrete laundry sinks are nice for cleaning fish
  • Hardware
  • Construction Material
  • Electricity
  • Plumbing
  • Painting
  • Gardening
  • Tools
  • aluminums
  • air conditioners
  • Steel
  • glasses
  • lumber
  • Iron
  • Home accessories
- See more at: http://paginas.seccionamarilla.com.mx/grupo-socoada/articulos-de-ferreteria/sonora/altar/-/centro/#sthash.JwwxRvPv.dpuf
Perfect thank you

JimMcG

Hi,

Will be building out in Santo Tomas soon and in preparation we are trying to figure out if we best buy all new appliance's in the US and move them thru a company ( and pay the duties). There seems to be a big price difference between buying in RP and US , even after paying the taxes. As well as more options in the US ( but maybe I am wrong)

We would do one truckload full of everything we need.

What is your experience, did you buy locally, any second hand options from people selling items on the forum?

Thank you

Fred
Under Menaje de Casa you should be allowed to a one time duty free crossing of your 'used, 6 months old' household goods.

http://rollybrook.com/how_to_move_to_mexico.htm