Appliance Parts

mondone

Whitecaps
Anywhere in RP to get appliance replacement parts? I got an Acros propane stove that needs new burner caps.

El Gato

We were sent to Profe Parts for a thermostat - they might have something or maybe could order it in. They are on the diagonal road that La Curva is on - same side of the street but further north I believe (we kept getting lost). It is set back a little from the road. Somebody else would probably have better directions - actually anybody would have better directions then mine :) There phone number is 638-388-6148 and fax is 638-388-6149

Hope that helps.

mondone

Whitecaps
I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a new propane 30" range. Not worth replacing any parts after all. Any suggestions on the best place to purchase these days?

AZRob

I would just bring one down and pay the tax on it, and have you or someone put it in. not hard power cord for lights plug in and the flex gas line unscrew and use teflon tape when you put back on. Or use pipe dope (wet) with a brush. Make sure you have LP gas in the house you are putting it in or natural gas. Where you buy it tell them its going to Mexico. To be safe.

mondone

Whitecaps
Thought about that, but didn't want the hassle of bringing it down and finding one in Phoenix that can run off my propane tank. I can hook up myself, no problem there. I keep my trailer in RP and would have to go get it to bring a unit down to the house , but I may have to go that way.

Terry C

There is a large appliance place mid town. i'm looking for the name now but i think this is it.. [h=2]Muebles Coloniale[/h]

Miakko

It is Muebles Colonial; recently bought our gas stove there and were very satisfied with their service. They're on Constitucion just before Super Ley.

MIRAMAR

La Flamita fixes propane stoves. We took our Jenn-Air natural gas stove there- in U.S. we were quoted $500 to switch to propane, La Flamita did it for under $100

mondone

Whitecaps
Very familiar with Muebles Coloniales, that's where my handyman purchased my new mini-splits last year. I haven't actually been inside, but that is one of the places I figured I try along with the Sams Club I guess.

A

AZ Miguel

Very easy to convert to propane by changing the jets. Might take all of 5 minutes and cost less then $5.00 in parts if not already included. I bought a GE profile gas range at Home Depot and the propane jets came with it. Gas! Great to cook with!!!

mondone

Whitecaps
oh no question, I brought down a old natural gas dryer that I had at the house in Phoenix and I purchased the propane orifice and put it in approx about 10 minutes total and it worked fine. I wasn't sure if ranges would work the same way and if I would get the same cookin
g performance.

Roberto

You will find kitchen gas stoves at the Bodega, Sams Club, Coppel, Electra, as well as a couple of smaller places. Yes changing to propane from natural gas usually requires only changing the orifice on each burner. Not sure about the regulator though.

Many stoves come with the conversion jets, another great Locally owned place to buy appliances, water heaters, ductless A/C systems TV's (expensive though) and furniture is Muebulas Coloniales on Constitution.

mondone

Whitecaps
Many stoves come with the conversion jets, another great Locally owned place to buy appliances, water heaters, ductless A/C systems TV's (expensive though) and furniture is Muebulas Coloniales on Constitution.
I think we covered that earlier in the thread.:grin:

Yes they do, Visa and MC for sure. Plus you get a great exchange rate when the transaction gets processed from peso's to $$. Might get charged $5 for the transaction fee.

mondone

Whitecaps
Yes they do, Visa and MC for sure. Plus you get a great exchange rate when the transaction gets processed from peso's to $$. Might get charged $5 for the transaction fee.
Not with my Capital One Visa! No foreign transaction fees! :woo:

mondone

Whitecaps
Has anyone noticed if Muebles carries any stainless steel ranges by any chance? Being on the beach, I might be better off since EVERYTHING rusts so easily even inside the house.