April 2016 Newsletter - super important stuff here!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hey JJ's..

When is the next fishing tournament?

JJ

The Cholla Bay Sportsmans Club Derby starts this weekend. The other two weekends are in May and can be found on the Cholla Bay Sportmans Club website and FB page. The second weekend of competition in May is always the last weekend of the derby which always fall on Memorial Weekend. I believe it is a $40 entry fee.

I don't want to say it , but it's going to be really windy Friday and Saturday, seems like the wind always plays heck with the 1st weekend of fishing.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I don't want to say it , but it's going to be really windy Friday and Saturday, seems like the wind always plays heck with the 1st weekend of fishing.

I've been watching windfinder.com for 10 days and yes, it does look like its going to be extremely windy. Shame. I wanted to do the first and last weekend this year. After catching a few decent fish a month ago I feel like I could do well this year. Last year the waves were crashing over my kayak. It was tough just to stay upright. Generally April is the windiest month in RP and I know for a fact it historically is in Phoenix as well. Hopefully May turns out decent this year. Looks like I'll have to settle for the second and third weekends again this year.

This changes daily so you really dont have a great idea until a couple of days out but as BrokenWave says, it looks like it's going to be windy.

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/bahia-la-choya

Edit: And out of the North... YIKES!!