Arizona board member responds to LA boycott over SB1070

cholla

If nothing else, SB1070 only demonstrates to me that there are now way too many laws on the books. It has surpassed the level of being merely ridiculous. laws that are ambiguous, laws that contradict other laws, laws that have no basis in preserving the liberties of the masses.

Too many laws, and WAY too many STUPID laws.

1070 is little more than a refreshment of existing mandates to enforce FEDERAL regulations surrounding immigration policy. Nothing more, nothing less.

California has similar statutes in their penal code, so why should anyone in California be offended by Arizona's actions? The only valid answer is that they shouldn't be offended at all- people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

And why should the Dems in DC (or anywhere else) be offended by Arizona's actions? The only answer is that they shouldn't. What they should be doing is pursuing the only valid legal way out of this mess- which would be to return America to the principles it was founded on- Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for ANYONE who wishes to call themselves AMERICAN.

The most telling statistic I've found is that 99% of LEGAL Mexican-American immigrants SUPPORT the passage of 1070. That's all I need to hear.

It is not the AZ Republicans that are dividing the masses over this issue, IMO- it is the Latinos who wish to live with the freedom and opportunity that America provides, without acknowledging the cultural heritage of liberty that others fought and died for in order to grant them these freedoms and opportunities.

America is NOT a country... America is an Ideal. If you cherish the ideal, then please be proud enough to ask yourself why you resist calling yourself an American.

Exactly right.