Army in RP

We have been in Rocky Point for the week and noticed a really large number of soldier and also military boats every day. One day they were going door-to-door near the Mirador, another day we saw them at a storage place having someone open every storage unit. I asked around to some of our local friends and the only answer I got was, "they're looking for someone or something". When I asked if it was just a general search I was told they seemed to be looking for something/someone in specific. Anyone know what's up?

El Gato

In this mornings Numero Uno there was an article that 3 tons of marijuana had been discovered somewhere in the Sandy Beach/Choya area. Gather they had a tip from someone. No names and location given. Coming back from the Old Port yesterday morning we saw a couple of trucks full of armed soldiers. I'm guessing now that they were part of the '3 tons' operation.

On Saturday when we came back from the race to my house at Las Conchas, there was at least 8 Army trucks and about 30 soldiers have a meeting in front of the HOA office. They ended driving down the road towards Teresso. We speculated a drug lord was visiting and they were about to make a bust.

playaperro

El Pirata
Yeah i saw that, they were looking for a couple putas missing from guau guau's. Pretty sure they were at the interpool house in Sec 9.

Roberto

There is nothing new about the army being in Penasco. There is (or was) an encampment out at La Pinta and a group staying out at Las Lagrimis. They have built a large housing building on Sinaloa near 8/12. I see patrols daily almost every day on Fremont, Benito Juarez and around town.

There has been a recent up-tick in patrol activity. Whether this is just part of their plan or a special effort, who knows. Local wags have it that when you hear the chopper flying around they have located someone and are trying ot spook them.

The missings putas were from Mamacitas and were located at Playa's casa. He's blowing smoke to cover up his activities.

playaperro

El Pirata
Kenny likes your post Diablo, when was the last time kenito was down in penasco, Like 3 years ago. All he does is chase cars. Old dogs never learn new tricks...

Last edited:

garyd

When we were leaving Sunday afternoon we encountered a checkpoint on the new road from Sandy Beach to the road that goes to El Golfo and etc. Then we hit a second one on Benito Juarez on the way out of town. They were looking for something or some one

In this mornings Numero Uno there was an article that 3 tons of marijuana had been discovered somewhere in the Sandy Beach/Choya area. Gather they had a tip from someone. No names and location given. Coming back from the Old Port yesterday morning we saw a couple of trucks full of armed soldiers. I'm guessing now that they were part of the '3 tons' operation.

The storage place we saw being searched was on the roard between the Sandy Beach resorts and the road that goes from "rodeo drive" and Choya

Roberto

When we were leaving Sunday afternoon we encountered a checkpoint on the new road from Sandy Beach to the road that goes to El Golfo and etc. Then we hit a second one on Benito Juarez on the way out of town. They were looking for something or some one
They got the dates mixed up and thought GV was in town!

El Gato.....

Shortly after that storage place was searched we noticed the army in our neighborhood, not very far from that place. They were going door to door talking to people. When they came to our house we asked them what they were looking for and they said that they were here to help and were asking for cooperation from neighborhoods to help capture the druggies. They were very respectful and professional.

They explained that they often had a general idea of where drug activity might be occurring, but since their army presence is so obvious (as noted by the postings in this thread) most of the time the druggies had plenty of time to escape. They said that although they were glad that the drugs didn't make it to the streets, they didn't want that evidence as badly as they wanted the crooks.

We told them of a suspicious place in our neighborhood and that we had contacted the police a few times when activity was occurring but that nothing had been done. They didn't seem at all surprised that nothing had been done and gave us a small leaflet for people like us to give anonymous tips to the army so that they could capture the druggies with the evidence. The next day two people from the suspicious place near us were captured along with what we heard was a large amount of drugs.

Here's what the flyer says:

EJERCITO MEXICANO (Mexican Army)
II REGION MILITAR GUARNICION MILITAR
45/a ZONA MILITAR SAN LUIS R.C., SON.

DENUNCIA CIUDADANA ANONIMA (Anonymous Citizen Complaint)
TELEFONO (Telephone) 01 (653) 5347019
TEL CELULAR O MENSAJE (Cell phone or message) 044 (653) 5305207
RADIO NEXTEL 62*11*45860
CORREO ELEC. (Email) [email protected]

We were assured that all contact would be absolute secure and anonymous. I'm very comfortable knowing the army's around!

mondone

Whitecaps
El Gato.....

Shortly after that storage place was searched we noticed the army in our neighborhood, not very far from that place. They were going door to door talking to people. When they came to our house we asked them what they were looking for and they said that they were here to help and were asking for cooperation from neighborhoods to help capture the druggies. They were very respectful and professional.

They explained that they often had a general idea of where drug activity might be occurring, but since their army presence is so obvious (as noted by the postings in this thread) most of the time the druggies had plenty of time to escape. They said that although they were glad that the drugs didn't make it to the streets, they didn't want that evidence as badly as they wanted the crooks.

We told them of a suspicious place in our neighborhood and that we had contacted the police a few times when activity was occurring but that nothing had been done. They didn't seem at all surprised that nothing had been done and gave us a small leaflet for people like us to give anonymous tips to the army so that they could capture the druggies with the evidence. The next day two people from the suspicious place near us were captured along with what we heard was a large amount of drugs.

Here's what the flyer says:

EJERCITO MEXICANO (Mexican Army)
II REGION MILITAR GUARNICION MILITAR
45/a ZONA MILITAR SAN LUIS R.C., SON.

DENUNCIA CIUDADANA ANONIMA (Anonymous Citizen Complaint)
TELEFONO (Telephone) 01 (653) 5347019
TEL CELULAR O MENSAJE (Cell phone or message) 044 (653) 5305207
RADIO NEXTEL 62*11*45860
CORREO ELEC. (Email) [email protected]

We were assured that all contact would be absolute secure and anonymous. I'm very comfortable knowing the army's around!
Absolute secure and anonymous? While I applaud the Army's efforts, I don't think I'm giving any info or tips to them. Don't want to be looking over my shoulder 24/7.

jerry

I wouldn't ever point out a load. A guy from a ranch 20 miles eat of us (Krentz) did and he was killed.....the smugglers have good equipment and good intel...I would think it might be a good idea to erase the above posters personal info if it gives any clues to who the poster is....just thinkin....

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I wouldn't ever point out a load. A guy from a ranch 20 miles eat of us (Krentz) did and he was killed.....the smugglers have good equipment and good intel...I would think it might be a good idea to erase the above posters personal info if it gives any clues to who the poster is....just thinkin....

Yea, Im with Jerry here. I would never "RAT" on anyone in Mexico. It's not my country not my problem not my concern and I definitely dont want to be involved in any way with anything relating to drugs. Can you imagine, ~~~~```ORALE``~~~ It was that ~~~PINCHI GUERO RATO AMERICANO~~~~```~~~~~ PUES MATALO !!!!!!~~~~``

Estero

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/34ag4nkSh7Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Estero

Well that didn't work. [video=youtube;34ag4nkSh7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ag4nkSh7Q[/video]