Az, Congresswoman shot,

InkaRoads

cronopiador
the saddest part is that a 22 years old boy did this and he probably did not even had a define political idea in his head, I rather know that the cartels are killing each other instead of the uncertenty of a crazy nut shooting at inocent bystanders or anybody for that matter!! anywhere, anytime

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Just heard on the news that she is awake and recognizes her family members! Prayers for all!

Kenny

Just for the record..Yesterday when HAPPY, CNN, FOX etc were all saying she was dead, MSNBC where I was getting the info I posted on here was the only major cable outlet not to jump the gun, and prematurely announce her death.

Terry C

Once the media starts repeating everything over and over things get changed. It's like 10 in the hopsital 5 dead, 5 this and 1 that. wtf. I heard that 4 times

MIRAMAR

This terrible shooting shows how violence can happen anywhere- it was about a mile away from our house, and the Safeway we shop at. Also, Congresswoman Giffords left a message on our recorder talking about the Town Hall. We couldn't go because we were in Penasco- at the dentist (Dr. Lizzagara). My husband said to the Dentist, "good thing we're in Penasco where it's safe". The dentist answered "we have problems in Mexico, but it is narcos shooting narcos. In the US, you shoot everyone." We had to place a quick call to my son to make sure he wasn't shopping at Safeway like I asked him to do.

Roberto

I agree, but we seem to be doing something wrong here in the USA. We have 4% of the world's population and 25% of the world's incarcerated population,the highest total documented prison and jail population in the world; but we still arrest people for pot possession or sale every 35 minutes. In 2007 there were 12,632 deaths caused by firearms alone, and it seems all we do about it is drink or get loaded in some way, causing even more deaths and trouble here in the states, and the other Americas as well. I know, don't worry, we'll just shoot our way out of trouble, just like on the "big screen".
To change the subject, are going to the Wild West Shootout? Really folks, it's just a race in Tucson.
Careful Kenny, don't confuse Joe and Stuart with any facts now.

As far as I know anyone in the crowd at that Safeway could have had a gun and they could have been holding it in their hand while she spoke, even waving it around, all perfectly legal and only broken the law when they fired it at someone.

Roberto

Just for the record..Yesterday when HAPPY, CNN, FOX etc were all saying she was dead, MSNBC where I was getting the info I posted on here was the only major cable outlet not to jump the gun, and prematurely announce her death.
They only care about being the first to report, not getting it accurate.

MIRAMAR

One of the people who jumped the shooter was also carrying a gun- at least that's what he just said on the local news.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
:shock:So glad you and your family are safe...

This terrible shooting shows how violence can happen anywhere- it was about a mile away from our house, and the Safeway we shop at. Also, Congresswoman Giffords left a message on our recorder talking about the Town Hall. We couldn't go because we were in Penasco- at the dentist (Dr. Lizzagara). My husband said to the Dentist, "good thing we're in Penasco where it's safe". The dentist answered "we have problems in Mexico, but it is narcos shooting narcos. In the US, you shoot everyone." We had to place a quick call to my son to make sure he wasn't shopping at Safeway like I asked him to do.

joester

2 salty dawgs
not to get out of line here, but watching the memorial from Tucson last night on tv, I felt pretty darn good about the words our President spoke. He spoke in terms I could relate to, and his message reassured me just a little bit that maybe,
just maybe,
something positive can come out of this.
our condolences to the families of the deceased, and our thoughts and best wishes go to the survivors, their family and friends, and to everyone affected by this horrible tragedy.
we hope that Gabby gets well and can return to her work, which is needed more now than ever.
peace

jerry

My old neighbor Brad Holland was in the room(friend of Giffords) and Facebooked this yesterday:
Some minutes after the Obama's left, while Nancy Pelosi and G's dear friend Kirstin Gillibrand were visiting, Gabbie opened her eyes for the first time since the shooting. I am told, during Obama's speech, she did it again... tracked and focused for three approx 3 minutes. G*d, she must be scared and exhausted... but I believe she is in there. Must sleep now, but I am back in tomorrow afternoon. PS: Obamas are TALL.
not to get out of line here, but watching the memorial from Tucson last night on tv, I felt pretty darn good about the words our President spoke. He spoke in terms I could relate to, and his message reassured me just a little bit that maybe,
just maybe,
something positive can come out of this.
our condolences to the families of the deceased, and our thoughts and best wishes go to the survivors, their family and friends, and to everyone affected by this horrible tragedy.
we hope that Gabby gets well and can return to her work, which is needed more now than ever.
peace

jerry

he also wrote this one:"The swelling on Gabbie's face continues to go down, and she is looking more and more like the Gabbie we all know... except for the shaved head, black eyes and stitches part. Late last night she squeezed my hand and dug around my watch band with her fingers.
My old neighbor Brad Holland was in the room(friend of Giffords) and Facebooked this yesterday:
Some minutes after the Obama's left, while Nancy Pelosi and G's dear friend Kirstin Gillibrand were visiting, Gabbie opened her eyes for the first time since the shooting. I am told, during Obama's speech, she did it again... tracked and focused for three approx 3 minutes. G*d, she must be scared and exhausted... but I believe she is in there. Must sleep now, but I am back in tomorrow afternoon. PS: Obamas are TALL.

Interesting article....everyone is trying to look for a "reason"....find the root cause...the scapegoat!

Is it just possible that the guy is a complete lunatic...and something, anything, somewhere, would have eventually set him off to do the same thing....just a different set of target/targets????

I just saw a news interview with an "expert", a psychologist, who supposedly had spent days interviewing several different "mass murderers" (Jeffery Dahmer included) or "assassins", trying to categorize this guy....put a nice label or box around him.....all without ever having spoken to him....he came to the conclusion that the guy was unique....both a mass murderer and an assassin.