azcentral...

jerry

"I was lucky, and luck has played a large part in our existence"
Have you seen the Spanish movie "Intacto" it's about luck...great movie
Without the luck to have a great father you wouldn't be the self made man you are today. Sort of a contradiction of terms don't you think?
i seriously doubt you practice your world view and I pickup a sense of existential despair in your attack on your fellow humans,The law of "tooth and fang" is a bad idea for someone a year or two away from being Soylent Green.

Kenny

bahiatrader seems to have absorbed more than he realized as a child. It seems he was was indoctrinated without knowing it...This statement could have came out of Hitler's mouth..
How can our race become stronger if we allow a bunch of losers to reproduce? (Which they seem to be doing at an alarming rate.)

Jerry has been very kind to you bahi, that's because he's awake, and knows pain when he reads it..

My cousin who I was very close to while growing up contracted Polio and struggled as you did. He played football, and received a scholarship for that to Occidental College and was very successful at his chosen profession, but trust me, he wouldn't be caught dead bragging about it. He knows the strength you can get from being humble and giving back.
P.S. I spent some years of my life working with people with a variety of disabilities, including men who had spent 30 years or more in the state mental hospital because of people like you who seem to have something missing, as far human evolution is concerned.

Kenny

Oh, I see you were busy being a braggart again while I was writing this..Boy, em I impressed. Good job, I'm sure they all are.

B

bahiatrader

I haven't seen the movie "Intacto". I don't spend much time watching TV or movies. I've got too much real living to do before I cash my chips in. I live in a place that was built by luck or the hope thereof. Without some luck the first strands of recombinant DNA may not have ocurred or been in a different form. I see gambling towns as a celebration of life. As far as existential despair, I would call it frustration. I may be existential in that I see an apparently meaningless or absurd world. To me life is generally a joke. Can't anybody else see that? Medical predictions have it that I may be less than a year or two away from being Soylent Green, but I´m not buying it. I have plans. Dispair is by no means a part of my world view. I ain't goin' to no church to get salvation either. When you're gone, you're gone. All of the evidence I have says you only go 'round once. I'd just as soon have a good ride.
I´ve outlived three death sentences and been ¨flatlined¨twice in the last 15 years. Why should I dispair? I keep coming back like a bad penny. I'm living on bonus time and enjoying the hell out of it. If I hadn't inherited and learned a determination to live I would be unlucky indeed. If I were despondant or in a state of despair I would have gone out on the ice and looked for a polar bear to wrestle with long ago. I am what I am because I was lucky enough to inherit strong genes that gave me strength and determination to live. Most people wouldn't believe the things I've been through and done. I don't much give a hoot about that. I wouldn't trade one minute of my existence for anything. I was lucky have a good father that I din't get along with most of the time. We disagreed on a lot of things, but we both had respect for each other. The law of tooth and fang was one thing we did live by and agree on. How the hell did we get off on this Kierkegaard and Nietzsche stuff anway? Good on you for knowing the meaning of weltanschauung. I have respect for you and your views. Just don't try to cram them down my throat without expecting opposition. I just bought a super neat Border Collie/Aussie pup to hang out with. Does that sound like dispair?

B

bahiatrader

As Walter Brennan said, "No brag. Just fact." I thought he was cool. Tammy and I were friends with his niece for a long time. I knew somebody would come up with that Hitler thing. That's why I wrote the last paragraph of the post you quoted from. His ideas and mine are really different. I don't care about a super race. I just don't think evolution should be waylaid or even hurried for that matter. Life is a big joke. :lol: I'm an opinionated codger of no consequence anyway. I've taught doctors because I love science, but I never became one because I don't like hanging out with sick people. I've already had enough of that to last. I just didn't think you would stoop that low Kenny. I may retract my offer of a peace pipe if you're not nice.
Incidentally Kenny, I spent part of my training to be an educator in a sheltered workshop for develpementally disabled adults. We got along famously, but it just ain't my bag. I know I helped some people while I was there. I also obtained a $157 K grant for them to better support the financial needs of the workshop. Unbenounced to me, their product was featured in a two page ad in Rolling Stones Magazine. How did I know their hydroponic gardening system was going to be used for growing marijuana? At least they were pulling their own weight. I also got a crap shooting fad started by using dice to teach number facts to one developementally disabled gentleman I became good friends with. Most of those folks had something missing, and most of them were socially incapable of reproducing, but they were pulling their own weight. I have no problem with that at all. I am not a Hitlerish monster. I have compassion for my fellow man. I just believe in evolution rather than creationism. I don't feel like getting into a "Scopes" debate either. That's an argument that can't be won in our present state of enlightenment. You can have your opinions, and I will probably stick to my guns until my dying day. I would hope that your life is as enjoyable as mine has been even though I am often surrounded by whimpering, sob sister ninnies who have a different world view than I have.

S

Submarine

Kenny said:
Not just McCain Sub, the party as a entity is opposed to unions, any labor movement. You're a smart guy Sub, that's a given, but how can you support a party that been breaking unions as a matter of course for years? I know from the time (years) that we have been together on this and the other forums that the union that you belong to has allowed you the means and freedom to enjoy PP to the extent that you do...How can you endorse a party that would take that away from you in a heartbeat? Some of the benefits that you have now, exceed what a lot of our auto workers are making now, and good for you. :sunny: .

Kenny

This is good..http://www.metacafe.com/watch/185628/strike_breakers_union/
Nah we got a few in the party that aren't sworn enemies of the labor movement. Actually the Teamsters used to support the Republican party once upon a time. To me it's just like working with management. At least I know where they stand and I'm not just getting shined on by someone trying to get elected. I don't vote strictly on domestic policy issues anyway. The Democrats take away too many liberties to settle my stomach. Gotta go make a dime or two now cya.