B O A T

Well the lower unit leak that developed fits the "BOAT" ACRONYM Break Out Another Thousand!
I don't think I did this much damage with the rock hit. I need a full re seal kit of the upper and lower units. Yes BOAT, $ 1000.00 estimate if no internal bad parts.
This will bring my rehab invertment in the boat to a full cash value. At least the boat should be in almost new condition.

garyd

I think with inflation and to keep up with the times we should spell boat (BOATT) Break out another ten thosand.

Kelney
Hey I only wish ! The seal kits alone are $ 90.00 ea. This is a complete job including a new water pump impeller. Remember this is an old OMC drive. I also have a little leak at each of the coolant manifolds, the pieces on top, and am having those gaskets replaced also. The guy doing the work is a friend of Ric and I feel he is trustworthy.

don

Oh, so you're having other work done as well. I was thinking that must have been a huge rock if you had to replace seals in both up and lower ends of the unit. How soon are you going back?

Hi Don
It looks like we will head back down for a week or so on the 5th. I am not sure if the boat will be finished but we are going! I am going to push Neil, the guy working on it, to get it done. That may be like me trying to push a tank.It seems they work at their own speed, slow. I took it to him last Thur. and all he had done yesterday was the prop was off and he had drained the lower unit. He had pressure tested the lower and upper and they held less than a pound of pressure.

Boat will not be done ! I have decided to take my deep V bass boat down in hopes of nice weather and flat seas. It is a Tracker Targa 17 and quite deep. It has a Yamaha 4 stroke 60 on it. I think if I am conservative and don't go out very far it should be safe.
JUST GOTA FISH !
If you are down look us up. Plya De Oro RV Park space 89.

Checking Bouyweather I am not sure when we will go down. To rough for the little tin boat and the other not done. Putz