Bachelor party

Jleeson

Hi all, thank you in advance for reading my post and reply. I'm throwing a bachelor party for my friend in the beginning of august. We r staying in a resort area and there is about 10 of us. The concern that most of the guys have is there won't be a lot of grls in rocky point because its the "dry season." Seem like the party scene in rocky point has gone down as we been googling a lot but could not find much in comparison to TJ.

Is it true that its the "dry season" down in rocky point right now? We are looking to party with strangers n grls n such. If its not the dry season, where should we go to party beside gua gua. Thanks!

J

It is slow season right now, normally a lot of locals come down but have drinks and dinner at Capones and then best bet is wrecked at the reef, local scene solero on calle 13 but banditos is closed for summer, go hang at boo bar at fish market, or just do gau gau

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ben21

Yeah tough time of year for a bachelor party...

Agree with happygirl on everything except Guau Guau's. We were down a few months ago (for a bachelor party) and Guau Guau's had sadly gone downhill. We wondered over to Mamacita's a few blocks down and found it much better. Hopefully it's just a temporary lapse in management and Guau Guau's gets it's top spot back soon

Yeah tough time of year for a bachelor party...

Agree with happygirl on everything except Guau Guau's. We were down a few months ago (for a bachelor party) and Guau Guau's had sadly gone downhill. We wondered over to Mamacita's a few blocks down and found it much better. Hopefully it's just a temporary lapse in management and Guau Guau's gets it's top spot back soon
It is a tough time of year where you have to make your own party.
Sadly, Guau Guau's has been terrible for 3 years, the last 3 years even on busy weekends my party animal friends went in and said it was dead.
Mamacita's has been great the past few times they were there in the last 3 years. Now they don't even go into GG's.
At one time GG's, Dunas, Mamacita's and the Sombrero Taco stand were all owned by the same guy, I have heard that the Cartel has GG's under control now.
This is what has been reported to me, I would never go to a place like that. ;)

Jleeson

Beside the grls, where are the best place to rent jet ski and quads n such? We have nobody that can speak spanish so we can't haggle. Appreciates everybody responses, thank!

J

playaperro

El Pirata
Beside the grls, where are the best place to rent jet ski and quads n such? We have nobody that can speak spanish so we can't haggle. Appreciates everybody responses, thank!

J
Playa Bonita you can park there and spend the day, best breakfast on beach, plenty of english speaking people t00.

I love going to RP just about anytime I have the opportunity. But isn't August like the worst time as far as the heat and humidity?
I was just there July 11th-15th. Hot but bearable.
As far as Guau Guau's....I was there in January and was most disappointed.

Aug-Sept is when the heat and humidity is really tough. It's a combo of 90-95 degrees with 75-85% humidity constantly.
Being in the water or the shade with wind blowing and a cold drink it's tolerable.
When the wind stops, it's time to find a place with A/C. I have seen families (local's) sleeping on
their roofs and on their outside patios in the past.
A/C is a must for sleeping in my book because of the humidity. I have done without A/C in RP Aug/Sept, not by choice, won't do it now.:eek:
Todd, GG's is slower and even more disappointing in Aug/Sept.

Yep -- July through September is a gamble. If there are good breezes, it can be beautiful. If high humidity and no wind, it can be a bear.

mrchief98

Anywhere up and down Sandy Beach is great for Jet Skis (Wave Runners) rentals, banana boat rides etc. Everyone I have ever rented from (10+ times per season over the last 15 years of going there) speaks pretty good English. "Cuánto cuesta" means "How much?" And "demasiado" means "Too much". Comes in quite handy when haggling with the ones that don't speak very good English and if your Spanish is not up to par. The going rate for the past 5-6 years is usually $60/hour, or tell them you can only do $20 for a 20 minute ride. One tip - bring a watch and let them know you will be timing it. Otherwise, there have been times where they will try and wave you back to shore too early. Enjoy your party.

~JR