Barb’s Dog Rescue trouble

Old55

Through Roberto working there for years I got to know and like Dee…..dont know what to think:

Cathy Gilliland
Top contributor
· ·

Barb's Dog Rescue's board members;
Dee is Barb's sister and has put a lot of time and money into the Rescue! I have known Dee for 8 years and in those 8 years she would work 8 hrs a day at her Real Estate Co and 24-7 would go to the Rescue and work until 11-12 am to help getting the evening mess cleaned and dogs put away. I have seen Dee put 100's of dollars into buying chicken, rice, meds for the dogs and going home and cooking them or we volunteered to help with the cooking when there wasn't any! My husband and I worked there for 4 years, 4 days a week and we saw it all! We learned so much about the health of dogs and would watch her sit with a puppy that was almost dying while she administered IV's into them to get them to be healthy. Her only fault is she cares to much for all the pups and dogs! She sees the ones that are lifers because for some reason they dropped between the cracks and never had a chance to go to a forever home. We have rescued dogs that never were put on the website or are in the home that have never had a chance on a forever home. Barb passes and the board members start taking over HER business, not theirs, BARB's that belongs to her Family which is Dee! To hear these awful words about her, makes me sick! I dee pray for the dogs and that Barb is looking down on all you that are making her to be a victim. Everyone needs to start asking questions on how much these board members are getting paid! Its the people that are making money from the donations that people need to worry about. The donations are NOT all going for the dogs. You are putting nasty lies about her and it needs to stop!

mondone

Whitecaps
Barb's Dog Rescue
Poster based in Mexico
· ·
**MEDIA RELEASE**
Hostile, fraudulent takeover of Barb’s Dog Rescue, 8/24/2023
To our dedicated followers and supporters:
On August 23rd, the Board of Directors for Barb’s Dog Rescue held a special meeting to remove Officer Dee Brooks from her position as Vice President, as well as removal from her role as President/Managing Member of Barb’s Dog Rescue MX, LLC & Director of Barb’s Dog Rescue Rocky Point AC, a Mexican Corporation. The vote passed unanimously, with one member abstaining from the vote.
The meeting was held as result of Dee Brooks’ threatening, abusive and grossly unprofessional attack on the Barb’s Dog Rescue staff, some of which was captured on video. Having been relieved of all legal authority to operate in any capacity on behalf of Barb’s Dog Rescue, Dee proceeded, the following day, to fraudulently assert that she was the rightful owner of Barb’s Dog Rescue. Dee then requested that the infamous Puerto Penasco Animal Control take control of Barb’s Dog Rescue and its dogs. The order was signed by a municipal judge, Dee Brooks, and Animal Control Director C Erick Francisco Pacheco.
The Director of Animal control then came to Barb’s Dog Rescue with local police and demanded that the BDR staff immediately vacate the premises under threat of being arrested.
Our daytime staff arrived at the rescue this morning to locks that had been changed by Animal Control.
We want all of you to know that we have a team of the most highly qualified and talented Mexican attorneys working tirelessly to overturn this outrageous order. We will not stop until our dogs are back in the care of the rightful owners of Barb’s Dog Rescue, and will do everything in our power to ensure these precious souls are safe. Our bank accounts, and all of your incredible donations, are secure.
We routinely receive dogs from Animal Control, who are notorious for utilizing euthanasia as a means to control the homeless animal population in Rocky Point. We are heartbroken for Barb, who is looking down at this nightmare.
This fraudulent and indefensible action initiated by Dee Brooks flies in the face of Barb’s wishes for her precious rescue.
We are grateful for the heartfelt expressions of support we have received from so many of you.
Please share this far and wide. If you are able, donate to our cause—our website is secure, our PayPal accounts secure, and every dollar that comes to us will be utilized to fight for the dogs, and the rightful return of the rescue to our corporation, made up of officers who have dedicated their lives to the operation and more importantly, the dogs.
We made a large purchase of food just yesterday-Animal Control has everything they need to administer medications and keep our dogs fed and watered.
This is an extremely fluid situation, and we will keep you updated. Please email the rescue, or call us, with your support, questions, and comments.
Pray for the dogs, the staff, pray for Barb, and our beautiful rescue.

Money/power makes people do weird shit. Dee is acting like a spoiled child because the board tossed her for being toxic. Feel for the dawgs.

I know alot of the volunteers there as well, many of whom put in as many hours as Dee or even more.

The people I speak of are also great people And I am unaware of anybody making any money or being paid to be on the board. I spent quite a lot of time just last week, with at least two of them on a personal level and conversations came up.

That being said, I have heard a lot of things and like most.... There are two sides to every story.

I don't think it's fair to assume that the board members are being shady or corrupt in anyway.

Shame on those whom speak from ignorance or without facts.

Worth mentioning..... I have heard that caused a riff and I don't know if it's true or not, was that these "lifer"dogs as they were mentioned in one of the other post here were responsible for killing some of the dog up for adoption recently. This caused a lot of issues and disagreements. What I understand is the "lifer" dogs that have killed here recently also killed previously were put down and that caused a major riff between the volunteers/board and family. This escalated and here we are....

joanC

We've known Dee more than 25 years, as a realtor and as a protector of all things with fur. This goes back to street dogs everywhere, with mange, hair loss, broken limbs and bleeding sores, making them forget they were starving. Half her office was often used as a care center for the latest creature unfortunate enough to be born to a Mexican family in a hell hole. We have no info on the details of this dispute, but I can guarantee Dee's position is supportable.

corndog

This was posted on another site. Somebody is in trouble... Tom Achtenberg
Be careful posting any response you get here. I did under another post and people are jumping all over me like I’m the enemy. All I did was post a response. I’ll include it here verbatim
Dee's response Tom, I have nothing to do with this, it is the USDA side contacted the Vet an asked if it was his signature on all of the thousands of documents that was set to the US side to export the Dogs and he said no it was not his signature nor did he examine the Dogs, they found out that Estella was forging his signature for years and exporting the Dogs to the US including making up prescription pads and putting his signature down that he gave the Rabies Shots etc. and he did not. I knew nothing about this until the Dr. contacted us about this that Estella was doing this. I have worked too hard to have to see the Rescue go down,but it is out of my control the Mexican Gov. and US side have stepped in and who knows what they will do. I am begging them to please not close the rescue down to let the City continue to run it for the Dogs sake in Rocky Point for now until they figure all of this out. I hope this helps.
Take Care,
Dee
Dee Brooks
Twin Dolphins Realty
P.O. Box 1680
Lukeville, AZ 85341
602-324-7241 Office
638-384-0113 Cell

Last edited:

corndog

We've known Dee more than 25 years, as a realtor and as a protector of all things with fur. This goes back to street dogs everywhere, with mange, hair loss, broken limbs and bleeding sores, making them forget they were starving. Half her office was often used as a care center for the latest creature unfortunate enough to be born to a Mexican family in a hell hole. We have no info on the details of this dispute, but I can guarantee Dee's position is supportable.
That makes 2 of us!! Thousands of animal's exported without vaccinations? 1 of my dog's is from Barb;s. so off to vet..

Last edited:
This was posted on another site. Somebody is in trouble... Tom Achtenberg
Be careful posting any response you get here. I did under another post and people are jumping all over me like I’m the enemy. All I did was post a response. I’ll include it here verbatim
Dee's response Tom, I have nothing to do with this, it is the USDA side contacted the Vet an asked if it was his signature on all of the thousands of documents that was set to the US side to export the Dogs and he said no it was not his signature nor did he examine the Dogs, they found out that Estella was forging his signature for years and exporting the Dogs to the US including making up prescription pads and putting his signature down that he gave the Rabies Shots etc. and he did not. I knew nothing about this until the Dr. contacted us about this that Estella was doing this. I have worked too hard to have to see the Rescue go down,but it is out of my control the Mexican Gov. and US side have stepped in and who knows what they will do. I am begging them to please not close the rescue down to let the City continue to run it for the Dogs sake in Rocky Point for now until they figure all of this out. I hope this helps.
Take Care,
Dee
Dee Brooks
Twin Dolphins Realty
P.O. Box 1680
Lukeville, AZ 85341
602-324-7241 Office
638-384-0113 Cell
Why would they contact her and no one else?

Why would she not inform the board of this contact?

Who s to say the vet wasn’t aware and allowed this to happen and received payment for each animal with out having to lift a finger.

If this were the case I’m sure quality care would have suffered and there would have been complaints about sick animals being adopted.

Who made the initial call to authorities for possible financial gain?

Just my 2 cents worth.

I smell a rat/snitch

When there’s a possibility of personal financial gain trust no one.

corndog

Why would they contact her and no one else?

Why would she not inform the board of this contact?

Who s to say the vet wasn’t aware and allowed this to happen and received payment for each animal with out having to lift a finger.

If this were the case I’m sure quality care would have suffered and there would have been complaints about sick animals being adopted.

Who made the initial call to authorities for possible financial gain?

Just my 2 cents worth.

I smell a rat/snitch

When there’s a possibility of personal financial gain trust no one.
All I can say is: You would have to know Dee.. as I have for more than 20 years.. Dee said the initial call was made by the USDA to the Vet.. Maybe she was told not to inform the board members, by the police...There was and still is an investigation going on..

Last edited:
All I can say is: You would have to know Dee.. as I have for more than 20 years.. Dee said the initial call was made by the USDA to the Vet.. Maybe she was told not to inform the board members, by the police...There was and still is an investigation going on..
It’s unfortunate if she chose to remain silent to the board of directors. For this action she will most likely loose her ability to generate an income. Bad business decision on her part if it’s the truth. Check out twin dolphins google reviews.

corndog

It’s unfortunate if she chose to remain silent to the board of directors. For this action she will most likely loose her ability to generate an income. Bad business decision on her part if it’s the truth. Check out twin dolphins google reviews.
Cheddar, she is in her mid 70's has been in RP since the 90's.. lived in the real Puerto Penasco and been through worse than this...She would probably welcome a slow down, for doing what she believes...The safety and well being of the animals...She is going to show them who is the boss' hopefully today...she doesn't do it for the money .

playaperro

El Pirata
Cheddar, she is in her mid 70's has been in RP since the 90's.. lived in the real Puerto Penasco and been through worse than this...She would probably welcome a slow down, for doing what she believes...The safety and well being of the animals...She is going to show them who is the boss' hopefully today...she doesn't do it for the money .
People change for the better or worse, it’s about who cared for the dog’s and people on facebook are showing their support.