Beach Bash 2009!!

J

Jamie75

Hey everyone...just making sure you all know about the 3rd Annual Rocky Point Beach Bash being help April 25th at noon on the beach at Playa Bonita! There is going to be 10 bands, food, beer, beer pong, and good times had by all. Tickets are $20 before the show..you can contact me if you are interested. Check out the link for band info, hotel info, and more!
www.rockypointbeachbash.com
Hope you some of you can make it! I will be helping Jesse and Kenny the day of the show, so maybe I can finally meet some of you. I will be the sober pregnant one...should be pretty easy to find! :lol:

A

AZ Miguel

I heard it was still not safe to cross the boarder, is this true?

Jim

PLEASE!!! I hope that you are not really serious. I live here and would know. I can't tell you how much it pisses me off that the media does what they do. I blame about 1/2 of the damn recession on the bad press too... OK, I'm done. Yes it is safe.

Me too Jim !

Listening to the daily news about the, drug related crime, the murders , rapes, robbery's, home invasions etc. in Phoenix and the surrounding area, it should be declared an unsafe place to live or visit. My personal suggestion is to find a small seaport town in Mexice like Puerto Penasco and move there. The crime rate is lower and the streets and homes are a lot safer.

Jim

MUCH less violent crime. There is alot of petty theft right now due to the dire economic situation for many of the locals. Just get a dog for your yard and don't worry about it. I have 3 very friendly dogs and I have a hard time getting them to come in my yard to fill my propane tank. My kids walk a block and a half to the store alone at 10:00 pm. No problems. Pretty busy here now with Semana Santa. Much more so than spring break was. I have my office in Old Port so I am right in the middle of it for the celebration.

J

Jamie75

JPK_AZ said:
How big of a crowd are you expecting? What has the crowd been like in years past?

thanks

The first year, was very small, only one band..they didn't do much advertising. Last year, it was held at Penasco del Sol and there were about 500 people. And we are actually expecting about the same this year, even with the bad press.. There were people of all ages there last year..from young to old. It was great time. All the bands have a kind of island feel and it's just perfect beach music.

And my God, yes it's safe! I am so freaking sick of hearing that. It's a great time to travel to Penasco too! All the rental agencies have dropped their prices for the remainder of the year to 'off peak'(their lowest) rates even on the holiday weekends. And don't forget the incredible exchange rate right now!!

Please let me know if you have any other questions JPK_AZ! :sunny:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
So, these bands are all Jimmy Buffett type bands and not music that sounds like a train wreck? :lol:

E

El Feo

Ladyjeeper said:
So, these bands are all Jimmy Buffett type bands and not music that sounds like a train wreck? :lol:
You might also want to know that a group called, and I kid you not, The Infected Mushroom" is appearing in Penasco. Sheesh, hope I don't catch anything.

A

AZ Miguel

Hooch said:
So the cover charge includes beer right?
If I have to risk my life by going into Mexico for this shindig it better have free beer!!!

S

Suga Shane

Hey everybody, Ill be traveling from Ohio to the Beach Bash. Figured Id drop in and contribute.
The bands are reggae rock with a Sublime influence. Good beach music.
I am under the impression that beer in not uncluded in the ticket price. But I do assure you that $20 to see these bands is not to much.

J

Jamie75

:lol: I am still laughing at the thought of 12 bands AND beer for $20. Sorry guys, you aren't going to be that lucky!

The $20 price is only if your tickets are purchased prior to the show. They will go to $25 the day of. If anyone is interested PM me and I will get you all set up.

Hooch

Interestingly enough I can sit on my porch in Bella Serena and listen to the bands for free and drink 50 cent pacificos lol

Hooch said:
Interestingly enough I can sit on my porch in Bella Serena and listen to the bands for free and drink 50 cent pacificos lol
Hey...if I bring a case of beer, can I join you on your porch?? :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

J

Jamie75

Whatever Hooch! You can listen to them on your POD, but you won't be hearing them live!

Bella is my favorite! What building are you in?