Bella Sirena rental policies

Hi,

Our usual place in RP is booked for fall break, and we were considering staying at Bella Sirena, but I noticed a post on Trip Advisor that had me concerned. The gist of the post was that renters are treated rather poorly and are restricted in where they can go/what they can do...from the post:
1. Owners and their children can have inflatables in the pools. Renters cannot.
2. Owners can access the gym. Renters cannot.
3. Owners can personal beverages to the pool. Renters cannot. (And there is no bar open Sunday-Thursday.
4. Owner's children can be in the bar pool. Renter's children cannot.

Full post is here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g153981-d672200-r234153494-Bella_Sirena-Puerto_Penasco_Northern_Mexico.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

We are a very low-key family, two adults and two pre-teen girls (not exactly the loud party type), but we don't want to go where renters aren't welcome. I'm sure there are two sides to the story and was wondering if anyone here had any experiences at B.S.

Thanks!

Terry

El Gato

It is a against Mexican law for any children (owners or renters) to be in the bar pool. It used to be that renters could not use the gym - I think because the equipment got too much hard use - there was talk about changing that. Unless things have changed, no one was to bring coolers/drinks to the bar pool area. Sort of like you don't bring your own 6 pack into the local neighborhood bar. Renters are to follow all the HOA rules. If in doubt, ask.

Belle is one of the loveliest complexes in Penasco with their beautiful lawns/gardens and pathways. It is more of a family complex than a major party place. The units themselves are very upscale. We haven't lived there for 2 years now but still have friends and relatives there and they love it.

marybna

I have owned since the beginning and I rent my unit out thru Seaside. I do believe that the gym is for owner only. No one is to have coolers at the pool bar. There are advantages to Bella. There is always room at the pool. There is lots of grass. It is very quiet. I have owned at Spa(good). Las Palomas (very crowded and noisy). I think the problem renters are the ones that rent from owners directly and are not aware that there are rules everyone, including owner are to follow. The people that I have met at the pools that are renters have been very polite and seems to enjoy that lack of loud music. Once in awhile I will find someone with glass at the pool and I just got get plastic cups from the security and give it to them. My unit has little damage from renter. I have pool toys and beach chairs and umbrellas and I only replace them because they are worn out. I respect my renters and make sure they have everything they need to have a great vacation. Without them I could not afford to have this wonderful place. Owners that look down on renters are few. Most remember the bad times when units were in foreclosure and HOA dues were not being paid. Renter help stabilize and make it possible for a lot of us to buy units at resorts like Bella.

marybna

When we were at Spa, renter were never a problem. Security was very good back then. We had problems with some owner putting 7 or 8 friends in a one bedroom. We were at SPA for about 5 years and I just do not remember a lot of noise and problems. I was at Bella two summers ago and there was a big problem at one of the pool between A and B. Guess what. They were not renter but owners children. I heard them give Security a very hard time but somehow they got them all bundled up and out. In all the places that I have owned, it comes down to management supporting security.

garyd

I agree with you if management does not train and support security people it can get pretty bad sometimes