Best beach for collecting sea shells

I grew up going to RP and we would always drive out to Playa Encanto and play on the nice flat beaches there and collect sea shells. Now this was in the late 90s early 2000. I went 2 years ago and everything says private property no trespassing. Is there another area I can take my daughter and wife where we can have nice sand and collect shells? We are staying at la princessa where the sand sucks and there are no sea shells.

Landshark

You are always welcome to enjoy the beach at Playa Encanto. You may have seen a sign on a privately owned lot but that doesn't apply to the beach. There are still shells to be found here but probably not like you remember from 20 years ago.

You are always welcome to enjoy the beach at Playa Encanto. You may have seen a sign on a privately owned lot but that doesn't apply to the beach. There are still shells to be found here but probably not like you remember from 20 years ago.
Ok i I'll take a look. I had a friend go down there earlier in the year and I told him about Encanto and he said the same thing. Signs we everywhere. He said you started seeing them right on the road as you started to approach the beach

Also try Tucson Beach in Cholla Bay. I want to go to both Playa Encanto & Tucson Beach when we are back this month, went last month near JJ's to find any cool shells or starfish or heck anything but had zero luck.

Landshark

Ok i I'll take a look. I had a friend go down there earlier in the year and I told him about Encanto and he said the same thing. Signs we everywhere. He said you started seeing them right on the road as you started to approach the beach
There are areas that are private property and off-limits to the general public, no different than other areas both in Mexico and the US, but the beach is wide open for your enjoyment. Watch for one of the many beach access signs which mark a road leading to the beach. Park along the road and walk down to the beach. Also you could check out the oyster farm at the far end of Encanto for lunch. They will serve them under their palapa on the half shell or cook them for you while you wait. They also have crab available. Feel free to BYOB.