Best hydration drink

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Well, I few days ago I got dehydrated and found this recipe that worked in hours for me.

in a pitcher add:
juice of 8 limes
juice of 2 oranges
3/4 cup of sugar, much better if you use Zulka mexican sugar otherwise to your taste of sweetness
flat teaspoon of sea salt, and YES better use sea salt!
add water, in mexico use a 2 liter jug and in USA use a 2 quart jug and stir it up little darling, stir it up!!!!

Now you are suppose to sip it in slowly for best hydrating effects however I bet once you have a sip you will gulp down the first glass, REMEMBER sip it up for best results.

Once you have hydrated yourself enough to feel good then you can go to the second part of the recipe

Fill a glass with ice to the top, tequila to your taste, splash of Grand Marnier and rest of hydrating drink, now you have a Cadillac Margarita!!!!!

ENJOY!!!

TICO-T

Well Known Member
Well, I few days ago I got dehydrated and found this recipe that worked in hours for me.

in a pitcher add:
juice of 8 limes
juice of 2 oranges
3/4 cup of sugar, much better if you use Zulka mexican sugar otherwise to your taste of sweetness
flat teaspoon of sea salt, and YES better use sea salt!
add water, in mexico use a 2 liter jug and in USA use a 2 quart jug and stir it up little darling, stir it up!!!!

Now you are suppose to sip it in slowly for best hydrating effects however I bet once you have a sip you will gulp down the first glass, REMEMBER sip it up for best results.

Once you have hydrated yourself enough to feel good then you can go to the second part of the recipe

Fill a glass with ice to the top, tequila to your taste, splash of Grand Marnier and rest of hydrating drink, now you have a Cadillac Margarita!!!!!

ENJOY!!!
Your hydrating drink sounds perfect if you need to gain weight also.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I did not say it is a daily drink, I specifically said it is a hydrating drink for when you are DEHYDRATED and not thirsty!!!! huge difference between the two and you need no more than maybe one pitcher to feel perfect again!!! I know people that drink 4 big gulps in a day and they think it is the healthiest thing around!!! but then again if you like it it is better than any fountain soda I know!!!!

TICO-T

Well Known Member
I did not say it is a daily drink, I specifically said it is a hydrating drink for when you are DEHYDRATED and not thirsty!!!! huge difference between the two and you need no more than maybe one pitcher to feel perfect again!!! I know people that drink 4 big gulps in a day and they think it is the healthiest thing around!!! but then again if you like it it is better than any fountain soda I know!!!!
My doctor told me that 75% of Phoenix area folks are dehydrated. Recommends 4 12 ounce bottles of water every single day of the year.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
My doctor told me that 75% of Phoenix area folks are dehydrated. Recommends 4 12 ounce bottles of water every single day of the year.
I believe it, I also believe that anybody that lives in the desert area needs to drink probably more than just the 4 12 oz drinks per day, in my case I have always dehydrated way to easy and the Dr. always told me to drink as much as I can and for sure more than just the 4 12 oz glasses, here in PP I need to drink more as the humidity makes me perspire way too much and NO I don't drink this special drink everyday only when needed. Well sometimes I need a Cadillac margarita more than once a day :eek:!!!

TICO-T

Well Known Member
I believe it, I also believe that anybody that lives in the desert area needs to drink probably more than just the 4 12 oz drinks per day, in my case I have always dehydrated way to easy and the Dr. always told me to drink as much as I can and for sure more than just the 4 12 oz glasses, here in PP I need to drink more as the humidity makes me perspire way too much and NO I don't drink this special drink everyday only when needed. Well sometimes I need a Cadillac margarita more than once a day :eek:!!!
Mostly there are no symptoms of being dehydrated. That's why I was advised to drink the 4 12 ounce bottles every day all year long. You are right probably right more in the summer time. Isn't it a shame beer doesn't count?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Mostly there are no symptoms of being dehydrated. That's why I was advised to drink the 4 12 ounce bottles every day all year long. You are right probably right more in the summer time. Isn't it a shame beer doesn't count?
MMMmmmmm!!!!! I will disagree about "Mostly there are no symptoms of being dehydrated...." you have it once, or at least how I get it, you recognize the MANY symptoms of it and if you have paid attention is something you DO NOT want to go thru again!!! then again I should mention that I go from zero to 100, with no in between, in the same time a regular person gets dehydrated a get severe dehydration!!

TICO-T

Well Known Member
MMMmmmmm!!!!! I will disagree about "Mostly there are no symptoms of being dehydrated...." you have it once, or at least how I get it, you recognize the MANY symptoms of it and if you have paid attention is something you DO NOT want to go thru again!!! then again I should mention that I go from zero to 100, with no in between, in the same time a regular person gets dehydrated a get severe dehydration!!
Well, I'm only telling you about my experience. My doctor looked close at my tongue and told me I am dehydrated. I guess there must be major symptoms and no symptoms. I had no clue. Felt fine. Walk 2 miles every day....play singles tennis, no problem. What are your symptoms?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Well, I'm only telling you about my experience. My doctor looked close at my tongue and told me I am dehydrated. I guess there must be major symptoms and no symptoms. I had no clue. Felt fine. Walk 2 miles every day....play singles tennis, no problem. What are your symptoms?
Well, for one and possibly the most common among most people are, and probably the first thing your Dr. ask are the first 3, the tongue part I can see it being a gauge for dehydration too, but I do not remember it being the first thing my Dr. checks :

DARK URINE- possibly the number 1 of all signs and the one you do not need a doctor to verify!!!!!!!! your urine should be almost transparent like water!!!!!
CONSTIPATION- which I have not had in the past 20+ years of free dehydration
WRINKLE SKIN- with no elasticity
HEAD ACHES- specially in the morning, at least for me for me
THIRSTY- all the time
TIRED
and a lot more that can be listed!!!!!!
I am sorry but if your Dr. is telling you that there are no symptoms for dehydration I WILL definitely search for another Dr.

Last edited:

TICO-T

Well Known Member
Well, for one and possibly the most common among most people are, and probably the first thing your Dr. ask are the first 3, the tongue part I can see it being a gauge for dehydration too, but I do not remember it being the first thing my Dr. checks :

DARK URINE- possibly the number 1 of all signs and the one you do not need a doctor to verify!!!!!!!! your urine should be almost transparent like water!!!!!
CONSTIPATION- which I have not had in the past 20+ years of free dehydration
WRINKLE SKIN- with no elasticity
HEAD ACHES- specially in the morning, at least for me for me
THIRSTY- all the time
TIRED
and a lot more that can be listed!!!!!!
I am sorry but if your Dr. is telling you that there are no symptoms for dehydration I WILL definitely search for another Dr.
For many people they have no obvious symptoms like you do. I know I did not have any symptoms.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
CHILLS are another symptom. May be minor and hardly recognizable -- might even be initially perceived as a tingling sensation. But it is true that (probably due to variations in the rate and severity of dehydration in each case) some people do go from zero to 10 with no clue.

In any case, dehydration at its worst can be deadly. Think of it as your heart trying to pump blood that -- short on liquid content -- is turning to glue. A good gage in prevention: If you're thirsty, you are already somewhat dehydrated.

TICO-T

Well Known Member
CHILLS are another symptom. May be minor and hardly recognizable -- might even be initially perceived as a tingling sensation. But it is true that (probably due to variations in the rate and severity of dehydration in each case) some people do go from zero to 10 with no clue.

In any case, dehydration at its worst can be deadly. Think of it as your heart trying to pump blood that -- short on liquid content -- is turning to glue. A good gage in prevention: If you're thirsty, you are already somewhat dehydrated.
I was advised to drink lot's of water even when not thirsty.