Best Month in RP: October! 4k Killer...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Bought a speargun today. Last night I was lookin at one that was supposed to have been a legit nice gun but I started thinking about it and spending $290 on my first gun pry isn't the best idea. I looked on CL and Offerup and there's really not a secondary market in Phoenix or AZ for spearfishing goods. If I give this a go and it doesn't work out at least this way I'm only out $125 instead of $290. If this works out and I fall in love the more expensive gun would be the way to go but we'll start small and go from there. I have a few extra dollars from the 4th job anyways so if I get avid maybe I'll buy a better gun later.

I went with the JBL Super Carbine. Supposed to be decent for the price of $125. 2 bands and they are supposed to be pretty powerful. Shot range is 8-20 ft. Gun is a little over 3 feet in length. We're trying to get down again this weekend. Fingers crossed!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe, the water was 84.5 on Sunday, I'll check again on Wed after the wind and surf calm down.
My Garmin was showing 83.4 or 83. something 2 weeks ago. That's crazy. I don't doubt it though. Ocean is a different animal. I'm sending you a PM about your place above the garage. Your neighbors apparently aren't renting their two rooms any longer. Not sure if it's due to covid or they had some wack jobs stay there. Their price was stupid low for how nice their house is. Anyways, now we're SOL and only need a one nighter this trip. Just a TURN and BURN as we call it. 2 days one night in PARADISE. Looking to shoot something for my first time.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I was checking the temp while standing in a foot of water, 83 or 84 it's still warm.
I'll check tomorrow at the same place and report.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Today I walked to the water at 9AM and it was reading 74 degrees, humm? still didn't feel California July cold at all.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Today I walked to the water at 9AM and it was reading 74 degrees, humm? still didn't feel California July cold at all.
Supposed to be 93 Sunday here in Phoenix. I'm not worried because I have the wetsuit but hopefully it's still decent enough for the GF. She's a lot more brave than I am so I doubt it will be an issue. When we went out on the Del Mar Charter catamaran we went swimming before sunset at the jetty and I was straight shivering when I got out and everyone was laughing and making fun of me. I have about 2% body fat. From the waist down I'm literally skin and bone.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Anyone in Cholla Bay know how much the person wants for the center console boat parked across the street from Hippy house heading towards Pinto Point? Has a for SAIL sign on it and the GF might be wanting to get into the center console game... That means my 2 year sales pitch is finally starting to SINK in.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Low was 73.4 I believe and high was right near 74 degrees according to the Garmin. The transducer is external on the stern so I trust it's accuracy for temp. I have the transducer for the kayak mounted inside the hull and don't trust the temp reading as much because it's measuring through plastic. Ended up being too cold for Claudia as even here brave self wouldn't get in. 10 degree change in a matter of 2.5 weeks.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Anyone in Cholla Bay know how much the person wants for the center console boat parked across the street from Hippy house heading towards Pinto Point? Has a for SAIL sign on it and the GF might be wanting to get into the center console game... That means my 2 year sales pitch is finally starting to SINK in.