Best place for Pollo?

W

wasowicz

I've always stopped at Pollo Lucas and love it but I've seen a lot of small places around town that are half the price. Any favorites out there?

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
We used to buy chicken at Lucas, but have found Sinaloa chicken to be as good, and at half the price. We have never gotton sick at Sinaloa, and we purchase it usually every time we come down- about twice a month.

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
Does Sinaloa have the same menu ie beans, rice, tortillas etc?
We stopped at the one over by the Circle K and the food was good and we got the beans , tortillas, and salsa.
Food was good and as always nobody got sick.

Jim

Well Known Member
I agree. I used to go to Lucas but for half the price have switched to Sinaloa. There are several around town so I don't know about all of them but the one off of Revoluction has always been good. The chickens are a little smaller but still a much better deal.

Valerie

Lucas is still our favorite. One whole chicken, rice and beans, corn and flour tortillas, salsa, cabbage and onions for $15.00. My husband and I had three meals from this food and loved it every time!

Braden_909

Design & Marketing Gringo
Lucas is still our favorite. One whole chicken, rice and beans, corn and flour tortillas, salsa, cabbage and onions for $15.00. My husband and I had three meals from this food and loved it every time!
If you can afford it, Lucas is good and its good to support every business cause they all have bills to pay. But, for the economically-aware consumer, Sinaloas 2x$11USD chickens are the best in town! Same flavor as Lucas, salsa, tortillas, cabbage, limes, etc for half the price or less.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Always pick a place the hired help have access to a sink to wash their hands...Chicken in mexico is a iffy proposition as all the inspectors are paid off.
http://www.economyincrisis.org/content/tyson-chicken-plants-mexico-caught-bribing-inspectors

Think about this the next time you hear someone bashing "government" In the states our food supply is safe,our fisheries in better shape and we owe that to the man.
They shut down a well known place for a cucaracha infestation in Penasco not to long ago. (not a chicken place)

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
If you won't share with us, not sure why you would even mention it. Information like that would be nice to know.[/QU I was responding to Jerry, about the health department taking bribes not so much to name names. If I can talk to Ivan the inspector or see his report first, I might post it. That is inexcusable that a restaurant owner would let that happen. I also have a restauarant(nothing I am to excited about, it happened by accident) and after taking the health department classes it makes me wonder how a health inspector can still eat in a restaurant. You can get real sick.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
i just talked to Ivan, right now he has 2 chinese restaurants closed for roaches and after fumigating they let Max's Cafe reopen a couple weeks ago (semana santa).

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
You no likey flied loachy loachy. So long as they heat them to over 145 degrees it shouldn't be a problem. Never eat Loachy Loachy at room temperature.

Last edited:

Parrothead

i just talked to Ivan, right now he has 2 chinese restaurants closed for roaches and after fumigating they let Max's Cafe reopen a couple weeks ago (semana santa).
Thank you for the information. I have frequented Max's quite often over the years as I not only enjoy their food but also like both Max and John, but must admit I haven't been for several months as the last couple times I did go we had some uninvited guests on the wall next to the table, so not surprised and glad they were forced to deal with the problem. Although rather disappointed they waited until they were forced to deal with it instead of allowing it to go on.
Perhaps you can verify, but I was under the impression there was a regulation in place where the restaurants and bars had to have their buildings treated on a monthly basis. But then not everyone is treated equal on many issues so perhaps they weren't being forced to follow the regulation.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Thank you for the information. I have frequented Max's quite often over the years as I not only enjoy their food but also like both Max and John, but must admit I haven't been for several months as the last couple times I did go we had some uninvited guests on the wall next to the table, so not surprised and glad they were forced to deal with the problem. Although rather disappointed they waited until they were forced to deal with it instead of allowing it to go on.
Perhaps you can verify, but I was under the impression there was a regulation in place where the restaurants and bars had to have their buildings treated on a monthly basis. But then not everyone is treated equal on many issues so perhaps they weren't being forced to follow the regulation.
I will check for you Parrothead.