Best place to buy 2x4's

Roberto

I've seen them in some pretty strange places. They swarmed through a concrete wall at my apartment, came in along an electrical conduit !!

http://m.wikihow.com/Build-with-Steel-Studs. Well if you are finding poor quality lumber in RP check the Ace in Caborca by the tracks.There is a great seafood tent across the tracks too. Still as the wiki shows steel framing is not big deal...hey wait a minute you are a steel guy....just do it!
Jerry,
I used steel studs on the first floor but I have a lot of curved walls and niches in the bedrooms and wood is easier for me to work with.

Thanks,

garyd

Jerry,
I used steel studs on the first floor but I have a lot of curved walls and niches in the bedrooms and wood is easier for me to work with.

Thanks,
That's funny. I found steel studs easier to work with than wood for curved walls. To each his own. Buena suerte

That's funny. I found steel studs easier to work with than wood for curved walls. To each his own. Buena suerte
That's if you know what you are doing. I have only built strait walls. My understanding is that you need a crimping tool to curve the track.

Thanks,

The other thing you can do is cut V notches on the bottom and top channels and adjust them to whatever layout you want and then secure them and install the studs
I agree that it can be done but it goes beyond my experience when I have concrete floors and ceiling made out of concrete beams and foam. I also have compound curves. All I was really looking for was the place to buy good lumber.

mondone

Whitecaps
Just my two cents... I would do whatever possible to avoid using wood in my home. The termites in RP are voracious. It doesn't take long for them to find a new place to dine as they are a swarming, flying variety. I had a portion of my roof collapse last year from them dining on the supports.