Best Sea Side Breakfasts

playaperro

El Pirata
Hey Dawg....the only "good" Costa Brava blew up many years ago...the one that reopened off the Malecon several years later sucked big time. I thought it had closed.....
When was this? how come I didn't hear about it, guess i haven't been down in a year or so,

A

AZ Miguel

About 5 years or so ago. The kitchen was not anything anyone would have liked to see where their food came from, the roaches had a field day ever day.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Pitahaya bar. They have steak and eggs for 5.99 that is to die for!. The steak is tender and you get 2 eggs, beans, hash browns and tortillas! Best price in town....
is Pitahaya open for breakfast every day?

What time do they open?

rplarry

OK Guys, I need your help here.

Where are the best breakfasts at places on the water?

I have Playa Bonita and Maria's. Any other suggestions?

Thanks...
I'm pretty sure Mary's does breakfast. Not positive though. Does anyone else know if Mary's serves breakfast ?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Costa Brava was my favorite restaurant. I still mourn their passing. Sr. Amigo's makes a pretty good mushroom filet, almost as good as the old Costa Brava. The new location sucked. The waitresses from there tried to make Los Juanes a go on the Mirador. They closed a while back and am not sure if they have reopened. I know the legion is on the ground floor......
Robert, I think Pitahaya is open every day but I don't don't what time. I never get there until 10.... LOL! I am not a morning person.......

About 5 years or so ago. The kitchen was not anything anyone would have liked to see where their food came from, the roaches had a field day ever day.
I think the propane explosion took the original place out like 8-10 years ago (or maybe more)......the wreckage stayed there for years before the building was leveled.....

RP Joe, Good memory, It exploded April 2003, I have a pic of the boarded up hotel about 1 month later, somewhere on my hard drive. I sure miss the food.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
My friend was down there staying in my trailer in the old Playa Miramar RV park, RIP, and he said the explosion rocked the trailer!

tortuga

The people that owned Costa Brava now run the restaurant at the El Camino Motel in Caborca. Several of the old employees work there. It is a very nice restaurant.

RP Joe, Good memory, It exploded April 2003, I have a pic of the boarded up hotel about 1 month later, somewhere on my hard drive. I sure miss the food.
I loved the bacon wrapped shrimp dish (in cheese sauce).....really JUMBO shrimp.....tried it when they reopened in the other location years later...and the shrimp was still raw when it was served! That was the first place I ate at on my first trip down to Penasco about 1985.....walked across the street from Vina del Mar before they had the pool and had just started building the units facing the water....

InkaRoads

cronopiador
The restaurant inside Penasco del Sol had a good Mexican buffet... not sure if they only do this on weekends.
I believe it is only on the weekends, however you want to try a better one go to Don Julio breakfast buffet on weekends only too, tons of variety of food and 7 different fresh fruit juices!!!!!!

Sorry, Don Julio is not beach front located but is by the Sea of Cortez, just a few blocks of shore!!!