best taco shop that doesnt jack up prices for americans

adicted

so where is the best place. We went to one for years then they started raising prices. any good ones and where are they at....Also the name

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Oh boy... that's like asking where the best Eskimo food in Alaska is.... :think:

We eat at Taco's Brisa quite a bit - it's on Sinaloa about 3 or 4 stop signs north of Fremont, and we've never seen them jack up prices or anything. Their salsa is spicy, and they always throw in some grilled jalapenos or green chiles with your order, but the chow is first-rate.

Back in the my wild days, BC (before children) my college buds and I would drive around on what we called "taco quests" - we would find a taco spot, order one taco, and each of us would take a bite, and if the place was good we'd sit down and order 20 more and stuff our faces... if the taco did not pass muster, then we'd move on to the next stop in search of the ideal taco candidate.

If you want to enjoy tacos the way the locals eat, then you have to get off the beaten path a little bit. Sometimes, a converted ice cream cart with a hibachi on top of it becomes the source of some of the best tacos you've ever tasted...

Rocky Point Rides

Relax.....we're driving!!
There are many to choose from, however I second moore_rb, Tacos Brissas is consistently excellent in both food quality and prices, love their tacos de "tripitas", they are my first choice as it is located closer to me in the south west corner of Melchor Ocampo and Sinaloa across from the OXXO for your beers.
The other taco stand I love is Tacos El Poblano, specially their tacos "al pastor", a little west of the intersection of the main road Benito Juarez and No Reeleccion, as you coming into town turn right at the traffic light of the baseball stadium (dark blue on the left) it will be the first structure in your right side across from the school.

mondone

Whitecaps
Taco Brisas is a favorite of mine, but for al pastor I head to La Carretta on Josepha Dominguez across from the Pemex / Circle K.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Mondone right on on your comment. Plus if you want tacos during the day you cant beat Vaca Chenta which is right on the main drag (Benito Juarez) it is on the right side as you come into town past the burger king and it has a cow sign right on the sidewalk. Another great one to try is Viva Mexico which is down in the Malecon, head down to the fish market area make the forced left curve by Flavios then make your next left it is in the middle of the block and they are a great family that serve sodas, beer, fish, beef, pastor, shrimp, tacos and they have great beans chilies, grilled onions......oh man I gotta go there today!

AZJD

Haven't been to Tacos Brissas yet, but I always go to Tacos El Pablano off Benito Juarez and the road to Sandy Beach condos (No reeleccion?) . Place is delish.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
You gotta go to Tacos Brisas and get a Sonoran Potato! Jerry always drools all the way to PP and makes me get one before we go open up the trailer! LOL!

mis2810

Love tacos at Viva Mexico and at Tacos El Poblano also. The tortillas at El Poblano are the BEST. I've had them make me up a stack to go!

Last time I was in town I think I saw Tacos EL Poblano burned down.. Did they move since then?
Same here. We tried finding Tacos Poblano and the one we found was next to the baseball stadium. It was burned and the roof was collapsed. Is this the place everyone is raving about?

There was a Tacos el Poblamo at the corner or Sinaloa and Sonora, caddy corner from the big Catholic Church....is this another place owned by the same people?

AZJD

I ate at Tacos El Pablamo last week. It's not burned down. Corner of Benito Juarez and No Reeleccion

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Tacos El Poblano is located across the Benito Juarez (west side). the old location was on the east side of the road (literally across the street from the new location). the new location has a bigger building with more seating, clean bathrooms and the building appears new.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
There was a Tacos el Poblamo at the corner or Sinaloa and Sonora, caddy corner from the big Catholic Church....is this another place owned by the same people?
The Poblano family owns a couple of taco stands, and yes the one by the church and the one on No Reeleccion are the same family, the one by the church is still open, the same as the seafood red pick up trucks called "El Doctor" the family owns 6 or 7 trucks between RP and Sonoyta, very good seafood on the go!!!