Bicycles

Just a question, should we bring bicycles with us, or is there a place to buy them there? Will it be a problem crossing the boarder with them on a bike rack?

Terry C

If you have them bring them. They don't have titles so you won't be asked to see it. LOL

Now if you have pets that's a entire different story after today coming down. I've heard about this before and showed them the vaccination papers before. We got the green light and they seen the dog and stopped us. He asked if we had been asked about the dog before and we said yes. He asked if a picture had been taken before and we said no. So, they took our picture (with the dog) and a copy of the vaccination paper and said this is going into a data base on US dogs coming into Mexico. In his English it sounds like they don't want diseased dogs coming into Mexico and everyone is to stop at the crossing to verify your dog and the picture of the owners every time you cross..... Kinda crazy I think....

If you have them bring them. They don't have titles so you won't be asked to see it. LOL

Now if you have pets that's a entire different story after today coming down. I've heard about this before and showed them the vaccination papers before. We got the green light and they seen the dog and stopped us. He asked if we had been asked about the dog before and we said yes. He asked if a picture had been taken before and we said no. So, they took our picture (with the dog) and a copy of the vaccination paper and said this is going into a data base on US dogs coming into Mexico. In his English it sounds like they don't want diseased dogs coming into Mexico and everyone is to stop at the crossing to verify your dog and the picture of the owners every time you cross..... Kinda crazy I think....
Especially crazy given the lame and abysmal effort put forth to take care of their own.

I did think there would be a problem crossing but you never know. We need to buy some new ones so I didn't know if there were some places there to buy or is it best to buy them in the us.

Roberto

There are many, many, new and used bicycles for sale here. It is a common form of transportation. There are several bicycle repair shops as well. The new bicycles here seem very expensive. I bought several at Goodwill in the US and brought them down for friends. Paid only a few dollars and they were like new.

Last edited:

mondone

Whitecaps

Oh yeah, those Mexican canines walking the streets look oh-so-healthy.:rolleyes::rofl:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
JMO but I wouldn't ride a bike in Penasco to save my life. This weekend's traffic was insane, I dont know how I didnt see more accidents. People drive like crap in RP, not the greatest place to be riding a bike around the streets...

Roberto

Yes the bike riders here are fearless but you know I've never seen an accident involving one. You have to watch out for them that's for sure.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
For those who ride, what is the best type for neighborhood and beach riding?
A full-suspension Mountain Bike.

There's not a flat or well-maintained road in this town, and often times, the dirt roads are more level than the paved ones...

Miakko

For those who ride, what is the best type for neighborhood and beach riding?
Mountain bike tires. The roads are rough and/or sand. The sand on the beach is to soft for riding. We like riding on the dirt roads; less traffic and lots of good stuff to stop and see.