Bidding farewell to a friend

P

Penasco Pirate

My good friend Oscar Trevino passed away the other day. He suffered from a rare form of lukemia. The funeral is tomorrow (thursday), starting at 8:30am and continuing until about 11am. The service will start in Peoria and finish up in Cave Creek. I have not yet spoken to his wife, Sharlot or any of his 'family'. A few of you here knew him... Oscar and Sharlot had 'Taller de Fletchas' (the driveshaft store), and 'la casa marina' (Rocky Point Marine House) along with their 2 fishing charter boats.

bienandanza mi amigo, usted será perdido
godspeed my friend, you will be missed

Oscar will be missed... I met Oscar and Sharlot about 5 years ago and I know his boat captains and deck hands very well... sorry for the loss Matt we both lost a friend.

Did he they have a favorite charity? I didn't have the privledge of knowing him or his wife, but contributing to a cause close to their heart's would probably be an honorable way for my wife and I to pay our respects.

P

Penasco Pirate

I'm not sure on the charity. They have quite a following in the neighborhood they live in. Seadweller, is it the Mirador? Their employees are all locals, and they very much appreciate anything we have brought down to donate. I will continue to donate my funds to Sharlot for my room and board when we are down, I know she will be able to use it!

I'm not sure on the charity. They have quite a following in the neighborhood they live in. Seadweller, is it the Mirador? Their employees are all locals, and they very much appreciate anything we have brought down to donate. I will continue to donate my funds to Sharlot for my room and board when we are down, I know she will be able to use it!
Yes Matt... I pretty sure that area is considered the Mirador...

P

Penasco Pirate

I didn't get to go to the funeral. A close friend of mine just left and said it was a 'tear jerker' and was very moving.