BIG NEWS

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Well... I think it's time to release the news. I'm stepping up from Kayak division to Jet Ski professional angler. I'm hoping to seal the deal on a 3 seater Sea Doo GTX today or in the next couple of days. It is time to stop messing around spending money on trips to come up short. Jet Ski fishing not unlike kayak fishing is huge in San Diego and Florida. I have viewed the forums online and this to me is a viable alternative to a boat. I cant afford a boat therefor this is what I'm moving up to. I'm sure there will be haters but again, this is broke mans way of life here. This is for the passion of the game life here. We're not F#cking around any longer.

Naturally, I will be asking for PM's concerning any and all reefs in the 10 mile category. I appreciate all feedback and certainly that of JJ the BOSS. I have come to the conclusion after reading many posts from JJ that covering more ground is the way to fish even in close to the shore therefor my decision is final. Wish me luck you b@stardos! Tight lines or El Chapo lines.... IM OUT!

ChollaBay4Life

ROCK ON JOE!

You can do some buddy boat trolling along side me anytime. I'll even let you keep your catch in the fish boxes on my boat.

I've seen some of those machines set up as some pretty serious fish killing platforms.

I used to rent a seaside shack on Hanalei Bay on Kauai a couple of times a year. We met a young guy that had a roadside fresh fish operation from the back of his pickup with a couple of big white coolers. He always had big fresh slabs of Yellowfin Tuna and Mahi Mahi available, nothing else. After becoming a daily customer I started chatting with him about how he always had all that fresh fish. Turns out he was a one man business with a new 4x4 Toyota truck, two 150 quart Igloo's and a big kick-ass Kawasaki PWC.

He had a shack just a few hundred feet from our place on the little creek they call the Hanalei River. He kept the Kawasaki beached in front of his shack and every morning scooted down the river, to the bay then out to sea. His rig was just unreal, it was one of the bigger models with a deck/transom at the rear where he had set up rod holders that were kinda like outriggers, he had six rod/reel setups for trolling and jigging as well as a short gaff and a cable that he used to hook up and drag the fish back home.

He only targeted Tuna and Dorado and told me that he rarely got skunked. He would just get two fish and head back home to clean em up, get em on ice, into the truck and out on the roadside. The guy was making over a thousand bucks a day off of two fish! Of course they were big boys, the Tuna were in the 100 lbs. plus range and the bull Do-Do's were 50 lbs. plus.

Boat ownership in Hawaii is only for the rich as you can imagine but PWC's are everywhere.

See Ya on the Sea............

JJ

rplarry

Well... I think it's time to release the news. I'm stepping up from Kayak division to Jet Ski professional angler. I'm hoping to seal the deal on a 3 seater Sea Doo GTX today or in the next couple of days. It is time to stop messing around spending money on trips to come up short. Jet Ski fishing not unlike kayak fishing is huge in San Diego and Florida. I have viewed the forums online and this to me is a viable alternative to a boat. I cant afford a boat therefor this is what I'm moving up to. I'm sure there will be haters but again, this is broke mans way of life here. This is for the passion of the game life here. We're not F#cking around any longer.

Naturally, I will be asking for PM's concerning any and all reefs in the 10 mile category. I appreciate all feedback and certainly that of JJ the BOSS. I have come to the conclusion after reading many posts from JJ that covering more ground is the way to fish even in close to the shore therefor my decision is final. Wish me luck you b@stardos! Tight lines or El Chapo lines.... IM OUT!

ChollaBay4Life
Joe, by no means am I an expert so take this merely passed on information.

I have a buddy who is a jet ski nut. Arizona lakes, RP, San Diego. One thing he has always told me is that in regards to salt water, make sure you have a 4-stroke whatever you do. He Said the Yamaha VX1100 is the most reliable of the various jet ski makes and models.

I also know a Mexican guy who rents down on Sandy Beach and he confirms my buddy's opinion. They both say the the 4 stroke will give you less problems regardless of brand.

Also, that model of Sea-Doo while a 3 seater it has molded seats. Not sure if those molded seats would be a pain when sliding around while bringing in a fish? Or, if a more smooth bench seat like the Yamaha has would be easier to navigate while fishing?

You may have already thought about this but if not it may be useful information.

Regardless, I'm sure you will have more fun getting out and back from your fishing spots.

Good luck!

Ed B

Small Potatoes
That's what's on my list too Joe. I have an offer on the boat and when it is gone I'm out there with you.

Yes I fished from a jet ski and loved it. I had a 3 seater Kawasali stx 1500 170 hp . The only problem I had was I got left out there and would not start. If you do it do your service by the book. If it says every 20 hours do it at 19. Keep the gas new and clean if you have a 4 stroke.
I have now sold mine as my wife would not go out with me. I bought a mexican 17 ft x 6 ft beam boat that need everything fixed . I rebuilt with a mexican boat repair guy and love it.
One problem with the jet is there is normally no one out there if you need help. If I had had some to buddy with I might still have it.