Blacklisted Gas Stations

-Est De Ser Las Conchas Who Knew

-Gasol-Octamar on Fremont

-Ser Aepto on the Sonoyta Highway

-Ser Pinacate on Gus Brown Blvd

-Ser Sonora on Benito Juarez

Roberto

Well Known Member
I have been tempted to carry a 5 liter container and ask them to fill it up just to see. Would have to be calibrated accurately. Yesterday, in a hurry, I payed for 200 pesos, Magna, did not move the gauge needle. That was at the first Pemex on the right going toward Sonoita. I was particularly pissed because I always tip them, which I did.

I most always fuel up at the first Circle K Pemex in Sonoyta on the right before the bridge and/or the Las Conchas Pemex in RP. I keep computerized records of all my fuel costs, usage, and mileage in a car log program and never have I found a measurable difference in MPG.

tequilatodd

Well Known Member
I almost always hit the one on corner of Luis Encinas and Boulevard Costero. At least I think thats the street.
Not sure if I have been getting ripped off or not.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I have fequented the station at Fremont and Sinaloa, which is black listed, I believe, as Octomar. I had the obviously mistaken idea that if the taxis buy there they would know they are not getting shortchanged. I even watch which pumps they prefer.

tmotsinger

Eating Newbie Gringo Taco
As most Mexico travelers know, one trick is to not clear out the total from the car before you. So they add a little to yours and, you pay for both. I haven't seen this in Rocky Point yet, but after a couple lessons at highway Pemexes, I still reflexively always glance over my shoulder to make sure the previous transaction is cleared.