~ ~ ~ Blue Marlin ~ ~ ~

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~ ~ ~ Put some BLUE MARLIN on grill for lunch today, ~ ~ ~ if you have never had some, you don't know what you are MISSING ~ ~ ~ have 45 lbs !!! left in freezer !!! ~ ~ ~ :bunny:

:bunny: :happy:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Happy, the last marlin I caught was in San Carlos in July of 2008, I was fishing the tournament and I caught about a 120 pounder the smallest fish you are supposed to kill and weigh in that tournament was 200 pounds so I told the deck hand the fish didn't qualify to kill and he responded he knew that but the fish qualified for his freezer and started beating that poor animal in the head with a bat I wished I had never hooked him. I'm not passing any judgement just telling my story. We eat smoked marlin all the time.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Stuart, ~~~ I understand plenty on this subject, & While I also understand your sentiment on this subject, I didn't have the choice of ~~~ keep or release ~ ~ ~ ( if I ever have that choice, well I'll just have to "think" about it for awhile ) the choice I had was ~~~ when a friend was on his way back from San Diego, called & asked did I want some ~~~ BLUE MARLIN, ~~~ ( 76 lbs ) without a studder I said ~~~ HELL YEAH ~~~ I love that guy !!! ~~~ he's a
steady supplier of fish, has been for yrs. ~~~ :bunny:

lagrimas85, ~~~ A 120 pounder, I think that I would have said ~~~ over the side with it also, ~ ~ ~ but after a couple of whacks with a bat, it was TOO late for that, ~ ~ ~ so make the best of it & take your share, don't let the "whacker" have it all,
~~~ SMOKED MARLIN ~~~ thats the best !!! like it better than smoked albi, yellowtail, ~~~ 85, you know what is also good smoked ~~~ trigger, & the lower jaw ~~~ while alot of people don't think much of the trigger, I keep every thing ( of any size ) that I catch, ~~~ :bunny:

Last edited:

Kenny

Better than catching the craps Kenny...
Oh good!... Seeing how you're full of it you have finally found something to talk about that you have a lot of first hand experience with.:grin:... Better be carefull hanging out with the Dog Happy. He's not house trained, so:happens:

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Tacos, De Pina !!!

I can't think of another fish that makes a better Taco De Pina !!! ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ Ok my friends, I'm going to turn you all on to a place in Tucson where you can get ~ ~ ~ FRESH FISH ~ ~ ~ to include, ~ ~ ~ Flounder, Leopard Grouper, Baqueta Grouper, Red Snapper,
Mahi - Mahi, ( damn this one is GOOD ), Wild Striped Bass, ~ ~ ~ and much, much, more !!!

~ ~ ~ and yes, ~ ~ ~ THE GREAT BLUE MARLIN !!! is there ~ ~ ~ favorite of the GREAT HAPPY !!!

~ ~ ~ they will even scale them for you,

~ ~ ~ The place, ~ ~ ~ 17th Street Market, ~ ~ ~ 840 E. 17th street, Tucson, Az.

~ ~ ~ 520-792-2588, & guess what ~ ~ ~ most if not all comes from Mexico,

~ ~ ~ it's always a good idea to call 1st to make sure they have what you want, everything I've bought there has always been GOOD & FRESH !!!

~ ~ ~ when ever I get low on Pescado, I drop a dime, & book on over & load up

Last edited:

Kenny

I went there with Jerry, and thought it would be a good place to buy bait.

You had better keep being nice HAPPY, our I'll "drop a dime" on YOU!.

Last edited:

joester

2 salty dawgs
we release ALL billfish when lucky enough to hook one.
please think about supporting the Take Marlin off the Menu program.
here's the link: http://takemarlinoffthemenu.org/home
there are plenty of tasty fish in the sea to eat, let the billfish go and live another day.
I'm happy to eat tuna, dorado, snapper, grouper.....
think about the future - it's your choice.