Boat burning outside Cholla

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I saw a closer up picture of the boat today on InstaGram and to me it looked like a yellow hulled speed boat or center console??? Couldn't tell because half of it had 10 ft high flames leaping from it but it looked to have been something nice. Didn't look like a panga.

Bob Oso

Well Known Member
Played in the OBSC/CBSC golf tourney Saturday, and it was one of the guys that played boat. All on board got off safely, with no injury's, even a dog. Nearby boats assisted quickly. According to the guy it was some kind of gas leak, and spread quickly. Was able to radio Via to report, but said within a minute or two it was a lost cause.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Played in the OBSC/CBSC golf tourney Saturday, and it was one of the guys that played boat. All on board got off safely, with no injury's, even a dog. Nearby boats assisted quickly. According to the guy it was some kind of gas leak, and spread quickly. Was able to radio Via to report, but said within a minute or two it was a lost cause.
No extinguishers I guess.

Bob Oso

Well Known Member
No extinguishers I guess.
I can't remember him specifically addressing that. But what I recall him saying is that the fire went from maybe containable to out of control very quickly. He made mention that he did try to retrieve items ( phone, keys wallet, extinguisher? ) from the cabin area but the smoke was too overwhelming, and dangerous to attempt. All which lead to another topic that came from it, and I guess you don't think of until it happens to you. The placement and accessibility of a ditch bag.